Text editor does not work in IE 11

Give us your suggestions, hate mail or any other forms of input to make the website better.
Sampy104

Mon Jun 02, 2014 1:01 pm

I'm only able to post this by switching my document mode to IE 10 via the dev tools.

While I bet we are a minority, some of us do use the latest IE (maybe because we work at Microsoft, who's to say :P ). I'm not sure if this is a known issue with the Xenforo stuff or if they use another editor but it is just a blank box with errors spit to the console window in IE 11. I know these things can be finicky but I wanted to make sure this was on the radar.
Rodr1c

Tue Jun 03, 2014 1:24 pm

I appreciate the heads up. Unfortunately, I don't even have a computer with Internet Exploder to test or debug the issue. Only thing I could suggest is try a different browser, unless, your work doesn't let you :P
Sampy104

Tue Jun 03, 2014 3:07 pm

Fair enough.

And I have pretty much every browser out there installed (since I build websites all day) but I generally use IE for day to day browsing. I can just keep using the dev tools hack for now :)
Disparat

Fri Jun 06, 2014 10:07 pm

There is a lot of CMS systems and forums that partly don't support IE, so the easiest fix is honestly downloading another browser.
I can however say that the editor works in IE, try clearing you cache and making sure javascript is enabled in your IE settings.
This is a common problem I was contacted about when I worked as support.
Freelance designer, web developer & illustrator
@Twitch - twitch.tv/Disparat
@Twitter - twitter.com/PixelKhaos