Cohhilition Adventure (NPCs)

A place for rules, characters and materials related to Dungeons & Dragons.
Ozzgard

Sun Feb 08, 2015 6:37 pm

Cohhilition Adventure related posts: [About] [Maps]
[Goal] Primarily, I'm looking at making NPCs for Cohhmunity members that want their name featured in the project. Since these NPCs will act as stand-in for them, I want anyone featured to have the final word on what that NPC would be-like. This means that I do not want to limit their imagination for their NPC based on rules, themes, systems,...

In here you will find full individual NPC sheets as they become available for the Cohhilition Adventure.

Currently no NPC sheets are available as the creation process hasn't started.
  • Empty
NPCs will be created as a collaboration between a NPC Designer, and and NPC Creator.

A NPC Designer (YOU!) can be anyone who wishes to design the concept of a NPC. To note, NPCs are planned to have the name of its designer, but special rules may apply.

To submit a design, your can announce your desire in a reply, but note that some priorities may apply. This is not a first arrived first served. From there a Character Creator will contact you to work out the creation based on a chosen game system.

A NPC Creator is anyone knowledgeable enough in a RPG game system to create a stat block. The current known list of creators are:
  • Ozzgard on Pathfinder
Know that "NPC" won't stand as a restriction to races. It imply that the character is unique.

[HELP] Looking for "quest givers" or background NPCs, theses are either merchants, second-rate nobles, or NPCs with little details, outside providing quests, services, or rewards. These NPCs generally don't require stat blocks, but still carry a deep personality.

Update #1: Added my goal for this thread, and changed most "character" to "NPC" to clarify some misunderstandings.
Rynea

Sat Feb 28, 2015 9:45 pm

In regards to sheets, let me know what you want for them exactly and I can come up with some Cohhilition themed ones for a template.

As for the character design, I can also make up some. Not sure about stats, haven't been playing Pathfinder for a while would have to look into it, but background story/personality etc. I can definitely add some. Are we looking for anything specific, are we taking over the general pathfinder world theme/races etc. or are we making all of that up on our own?
Ozzgard

Sat Feb 28, 2015 10:49 pm

For Character Sheets. I'm really happy to hear you say that. I was really hoping someone would suggest Cohhilition Themed Sheets, because I know I can't make them. I'm looking around to make the adventure available on as many systems as possible, such as D&D 5e, Dungeon World, Savage World, etc., but the only system I can confirm right now is Pathfinder.

As for character design, background story, personality, is what I'm looking for.

Primarily, I'm looking at making NPCs for Cohhmunity members that want their name featured in the project. Since these NPCs will act as stand-in for them, I want anyone featured to have the final word on what that NPC would be-like. This means that I do not want to limit their imagination for their NPC based on rules, themes, systems,...

I'm well versed in Pathfinder, and owner of everything available on the subject, to believe that I can adapt the rule to create ANY NPC on a Stats level.

As for other systems, it's a work in progress. Outside my own preference of Pathfinder, it is the only system that I can, personally, confirm without the shade of a doubt to be legally free, if you know where to find it. Yes, free, and legal.
Rynea

Sat Feb 28, 2015 11:08 pm

I'll come up with a character and we can then use it as a template to get stats for it, once we have that we could use the stats and I see how we properly put them on a character sheet. I made some in the past, so I am confident that I can make them. Just have to look how to make them form fillable. I can't remember how I did that part in the past, I only remember that it was totally messed up and wierd :D

An example of past things:
http://www.evilfairy.wtf/dnd/example_spells.jpg
http://www.evilfairy.wtf/dnd/example_skills.jpg
Ozzgard

Sat Feb 28, 2015 11:46 pm

For generic character sheets, Pathfinder is so easy to find. Already editable or not, you could easily find inspiration to make a Cohhilition Themed one. Once we have a pdf version of it, I could work on the form fill-able and the security of most documents.

I might be a little late on saying this, I might be a little paranoid about this project, so fill free to do the same, watermark and protect your work as you see fit. The "official" content that I'll be posting will be watermarked and pdf will be secured. Free, but secured since I don't know how far this project will take me, but I do have big hopes for it.

This it the reason why things might appear overly complicated, and limited, I don't want to be ripped, nor do I want others to be. Also why I haven't gone around posting my own NPC, it's not secured yet.
Rynea

Sun Mar 01, 2015 12:05 am

It's fine as it is to be honest for me. The images above are smaller scale, and as a pdf cannot be properly secured anyways, I wont even bother with trying to watermark images for sheets I create that I share in some way.
Ozzgard

Sun Mar 01, 2015 12:12 am

For the security and form fill options on PDF, you need a pro version. I do plan to get it, but since it's on a monthly subscription, I'm waiting to have a good deal of work to throw at it. I'm cheap, this is why this project is going to be available for free, because I'm cheap.
Rynea

Sun Mar 01, 2015 12:24 am

The form fillable options on PDF are probably nice, might even be that I used that in the past. As for security, there sadly is no working one for PDFs. You can make text not selectable, but thats about it. Nothing keeps anyone from making a screen capture of images, or run a text identifaction program over the image itself. Sadly the whole copy and edit protection is more a PR hype than a real technical barricade for someone who wants to steal your work. On top of that, people who might have no bad intentions will get gray hair if they try to work with it.

If you're worried about others stealing your work, you are likely a lot better protected with a legal protection insurance that covers theft of your copyrighted material than with some subscription for a pro version of AR (unless you would want that version for other things anyways)
Of course you can still go the way with the pdf security, but don't be surprised if it doesn't work out as well as you would expect.
Ozzgard

Sun Mar 01, 2015 12:39 am

Exactly, the regular PDF was good enough "security." Just making it troublesome to straight out copy content. The form fill is the butter that I'm looking along with the options. It's as you say, a real protection would come from an insurance. If someone plans to steal this project that badly, they don't know the meaning of Cohhmunity.
Rynea

Sun Mar 01, 2015 12:45 am

Just checked, I seem to have a licensed pro version by the way. It is included in my suite bundle where photoshop was part of :)

EDIT: Yes Making form fillable thingies works <3