Death Counter & Soundboard by Kalejin

Feel free to post about anything here.
Onslaught

Sat Jul 02, 2016 7:27 am

[QUOTE="Kalejin, post: 35835, member: 8373"]Released new version with bunch of changes. Also Source code is now on GitHub.

Changelog:

Deathcounter & Soundboard v3.7
- refactored everything so any bug reports are welcome :)
- lots of UI changes
- app no longer uses keyboard hook, only raw input and that should correctly detect all numpad presses while holding shift
- removed changing color scheme and portable mode
- tables now show only name and count/keys (no file paths)
- file paths and key bindings are edited by doubleclicking
- added support for NAudio library that allows choosing output device for sounds
- added bindable keys for navigating to previous counter, pausing and continuing playback of sounds
- after key press the sound that is about to play is selected (highlighted) in table
- changed location of config file from C:/Users/[User]/Appdata/DeathCounter to C:/ProgramData/DeathCounter in order to persist settings using different users, old settings should be correctly loaded on first startup[/QUOTE]
I haven't checked out the new version yet, but could you add a key bind for stop? It would be really useful :p
Kalejin

Sat Jul 02, 2016 8:02 am

[QUOTE="Onslaught, post: 35855, member: 85900"]I haven't checked out the new version yet, but could you add a key bind for stop? It would be really useful :p [/QUOTE]
There shouldn't be a need for stop key. You can use pause key and if you want to play that sound/song from beginning you hit key that is bound to that sound. If you want to continue playing sound/song after it has been paused, you hit the continue key.
Chceck out my Death Counter & Soundboard for streamers!
Lady_Abrahel

Mon Jul 04, 2016 5:13 pm

Hi im trying to use your soundboard/counter it wont let me add a counter and i tried running it in admin mode as well. i hit the + key and nothing. granted the soundboard side works just fine for adding and removing
MageGoesTwitch

Mon Jul 04, 2016 5:24 pm

[QUOTE="Lady_Abrahel, post: 35913, member: 87005"]Hi im trying to use your soundboard/counter it wont let me add a counter and i tried running it in admin mode as well. i hit the + key and nothing. granted the soundboard side works just fine for adding and removing[/QUOTE]
could you elaborate on what isn't working? Doesn't it allow you to 1)create a counter at all, 2) choose a file to write to, 3) add or subtract to the counter, 4) other?
Lady_Abrahel

Mon Jul 04, 2016 5:39 pm

[QUOTE="MageGoesTwitch, post: 35914, member: 67336"]could you elaborate on what isn't working? Doesn't it allow you to 1)create a counter at all, 2) choose a file to write to, 3) add or subtract to the counter, 4) other?[/QUOTE]
like i said its not letting me add/Create a counter at all. i can only add to the soundboard side.

EDIT******nevermind problem solved. the window wasnt big enough for the add remove buttons =sigh= noob moment on my part. default window needed to be resized, my bad xD
Kalejin

Tue Jul 05, 2016 12:57 am

[QUOTE="Lady_Abrahel, post: 35915, member: 87005"]like i said its not letting me add/Create a counter at all. i can only add to the soundboard side.

EDIT******nevermind problem solved. the window wasnt big enough for the add remove buttons =sigh= noob moment on my part. default window needed to be resized, my bad xD[/QUOTE]
Not really your fault. The UI of that part is not well though out. I will try to find a way to make it more user friendly.
FAILglitch

Thu Jul 07, 2016 2:31 pm

I really have issues since the last update. The deathcounter part is completely gone from the software even though I tried to uninstall and reinstall. This is why I hate updating software, it usually make it worse. lol. What do I do really?
Kalejin

Thu Jul 07, 2016 2:38 pm

[QUOTE="FAILglitch, post: 35977, member: 87239"]I really have issues since the last update. The deathcounter part is completely gone from the software even though I tried to uninstall and reinstall. This is why I hate updating software, it usually make it worse. lol. What do I do really?[/QUOTE]
Next to left border there should be a little darker stripe. Click and drag it to right
joukis728

Fri Jul 15, 2016 8:26 am

NICE! now with a setting of output device! great work! <3 you
ToBeReverenced

Mon Jul 25, 2016 11:28 pm

For some reason, when I run the app there is a list of sounds, but not a list of counters. What am I doing wrong?
purpleman1011

Thu Aug 04, 2016 8:35 pm

This is great! Super easy to use. I do have one complaint, however. The slidebar for sound doesn't change anything for me. I've set it to 0 and hit the keys and it's always the same volume, regardless of the level I have selected for volume. This happens even if I run as an admin. Any solutions? Thanks!
purpleman1011

Thu Aug 04, 2016 8:36 pm

Nevermind, I just went back into it and it was working perfectly lol
DeXZoR

Fri Aug 05, 2016 3:33 am

ust tihs befor and its a great program but for som ressen the Counter dont show upp anymore :S

When a start it i can se the two side sound and counter for a split second but then the counter disepers and it becoms the sound one only
It is I who am the misspeller here on the forum (Dyslexia)

"All human beings are boan free and equal in dignety and rights. And conscience and should act towards one another in a sprit of brothrhood"
Si_Cwan

Mon Aug 22, 2016 11:11 am

Great program!!

I do have an issue with it tho, about a month ago it just stopped working, I had been using 3.6.1.0 fine, then when I wanted to play Deus Ex:HR it stopped tracking + and - the counter's highlighted in red, and works when the window is selected, and works when I press the buttons in skype, but when I have nothing selected (clicked on desktop) it stops registering, and when I try to play HR, the same thing. Tried in full screen and in windowed mode. I updated to the latest version, and the issue is still there.

I've tried it on another PC and it works fine on that one. so I'm not sure what the issue could be
Kalejin

Mon Aug 22, 2016 2:05 pm

[QUOTE="si_cwan, post: 37500, member: 34201"]Great program!!

I do have an issue with it tho, about a month ago it just stopped working, I had been using 3.6.1.0 fine, then when I wanted to play Deus Ex:HR it stopped tracking + and - the counter's highlighted in red, and works when the window is selected, and works when I press the buttons in skype, but when I have nothing selected (clicked on desktop) it stops registering, and when I try to play HR, the same thing. Tried in full screen and in windowed mode. I updated to the latest version, and the issue is still there.

I've tried it on another PC and it works fine on that one. so I'm not sure what the issue could be[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the feedback :) .
Seems like you need to run it as an administrator, have you tried that?
Si_Cwan

Mon Aug 22, 2016 2:57 pm

[QUOTE="Kalejin, post: 37507, member: 8373"]Thanks for the feedback :) .
Seems like you need to run it as an administrator, have you tried that?[/QUOTE]

Yep, both the game, and the app, and then the game, not the app, and then not the game, and the app.. doesn't seem to work
Kalejin

Mon Aug 22, 2016 3:35 pm

[QUOTE="si_cwan, post: 37508, member: 34201"]Yep, both the game, and the app, and then the game, not the app, and then not the game, and the app.. doesn't seem to work[/QUOTE]
Hmmm that is very weird... I'll try to install Deus Ex:HR myself and see if I can reproduce this issue.
Meanwhile could you please tell me what OS are you running? And are you running any other application besides the game and DC+SB (like OBS or XSplit)?
Si_Cwan

Mon Aug 22, 2016 3:39 pm

[QUOTE="Kalejin, post: 37518, member: 8373"]Hmmm that is very weird... I'll try to install Deus Ex:HR myself and see if I can reproduce this issue.
Meanwhile could you please tell me what OS are you running? And are you running any other application besides the game and DC+SB (like OBS or XSplit)?[/QUOTE]

Windows 7 Pro x64
Skype, often disconnected
Steam
Discord
Not much else as this PC is just for games, all other stuff like OBS is ran from a 2nd PC
Kalejin

Tue Aug 23, 2016 3:10 pm

[QUOTE="si_cwan, post: 37519, member: 34201"]Windows 7 Pro x64
Steam
Discord
Not much else as this PC is just for games, all other stuff like OBS is ran from a 2nd PC[/QUOTE]
Dang, I am sorry I have tried to run Deus Ex: HR along with the app and it worked fine. Even when the game was running as an administrator and the app was not and that usually does not work. Even with all the programs you listed I was not able to make it not work.
The only thing that comes to my mind that could fix this is to restart your computer but I am sure you already did that...
I will continue to try to find a case when the API I am using for handling key events could stop working and see if I can fix that. I just wanted to let you know that I am not able to solve this at lest for now.
Kalejin

Wed Aug 24, 2016 1:45 pm

[QUOTE="si_cwan, post: 37519, member: 34201"]Windows 7 Pro x64
Steam
Discord
Not much else as this PC is just for games, all other stuff like OBS is ran from a 2nd PC[/QUOTE]
I just got a similar bug report and the reporter was able to solve it by binding different keys. Maybe that'll work in your case too.