Fallout 4 melee run

Eckblad

Thu Mar 31, 2016 1:44 pm

I can't find any videos on Youtube of Cohh's melee run. I have seen all the 100% videos and would love to see his melee run. Or was it decided not to upload anything to Youtube.?
Can anyone shed some light on this. Thanks.
Hydzz

Thu Apr 07, 2016 5:34 pm

They did not upload it cause of the fallout 4 radio and copyright stuff I think.
Ghstwlkrs

Mon Sep 05, 2016 7:55 pm

A melee run would be interesting...I can only think of how much of a pain it would be playing that in the hardest setting.
TheSilverGinge

Wed Sep 14, 2016 9:49 am

I started playing a Fallout 4 run as a hard difficulty, all melee, "non-lethal" character named Bruce Wayne (Codsworth actually calls me Master Wayne!)
By non-lethal, I am trying to play through as if I was Batman. He doesn't believe in murder or killing so it makes in very difficult. My general rules are humans I will avoid killing unless story requires it, beasts are fair game and synths don't count despite being sentient (they are machines). I also include Supermutants as murderous monsters so to not make things impossible for myself. This requires me to use high charisma to talk myself out of conflicts or get others to do my bidding for me ;)
Also a lot of sneaking and fleeing when things get too hairy!
<3 DunfiusFett
gargoranss

Wed Sep 21, 2016 9:15 am

I tried a melee build but, the first few levels are grindy. However, once you get past that initial wall it's super fun and OP
WadeDMcGinnis

Thu Dec 01, 2016 3:07 am

Curious, is it hard to do a melee run in Fallout 4 or would it be better in Fallout New Vegas? (understanding that I am new to the Fallout series, just started playing FO3 for the first time)
Vaftrudner

Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:20 am

[QUOTE="Eckblad, post: 33170, member: 74893"]I can't find any videos on Youtube of Cohh's melee run. I have seen all the 100% videos and would love to see his melee run. Or was it decided not to upload anything to Youtube.?
Can anyone shed some light on this. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Aww, damn.
I´ve been watching his first run and thought it would be great to see the melee run. *sadface*
RachelB_67

Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:31 pm

[QUOTE="wade_d_mcginnis, post: 39606, member: 77486"]Curious, is it hard to do a melee run in Fallout 4 or would it be better in Fallout New Vegas? (understanding that I am new to the Fallout series, just started playing FO3 for the first time)[/QUOTE]

I know this is a very late response to this question, but melee can be fun if you get the right weapons early on and invest heavily in the appropriate perks. Out of your SPECIAL, Strength should obviously be a key focus when leveling and any perks that affect melee weapon damage or effectiveness. In Fallout 4 there are some very nice unique melee weapons to find if you explore, and the weapon modding system means you can upgrade and improve weapons as you go along (up to a limit). You may also receive some decent melee weapon drops from legendary enemies.

On a side note...it's a pity about Cohh's melee run not making it to Youtube. Stupid music copyright claims ruin everything. :(
Longbowmkii

Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:37 am

[QUOTE="Ghstwlkrs, post: 37882, member: 91562"]A melee run would be interesting...I can only think of how much of a pain it would be playing that in the hardest setting.[/QUOTE]
its pretty rough early. shotguns are better than baseball bats apparently. psh.