Thoughts on new Metallica?

Posts about media, music and video
caanan_

Tue Sep 27, 2016 8:47 am

Being a drummer that started when I was just a sprite of 12 years of age and loved them. I find myself 20 years later still doing so! Any old time fans feel the same? New to Metallica? I'm curious to what people think!

[MEDIA=youtube]zkLzCR-aVtk[/MEDIA]

[MEDIA=youtube]uhBHL3v4d3I[/MEDIA]
"Many months ago I was a lurker, Now I am a sub lurker"
ticktock1231

Tue Sep 27, 2016 1:13 pm

When I was younger (and bass tabs were legal) I would play their songs for hours. They peaked for me with their S&M album and then hit the floor with St. Anger. The new CDs just lacked the sound I fell in love with and I just can't get back into them.
LordFaQ

Fri Dec 16, 2016 5:43 am

I agree with ticktock. I really liked everything up to S&M. Afterwards it fell apart; i.e. Lulu!. I watched the House of Vans show that was live-streamed when Hardwired came out and it seems like they've gotten back to Load/ Re-load form. Loved that they started out with "Breadfan"! Lars really has lost alot of his chops IMHO.

P.S. FIRST POST! :p
That is not dead which can eternal lie; Yet with strange aeons even death may die - H.P. Lovecraft
Fireside_Stories

Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:22 pm

For me this right here is the pinnacle of Metallica...

[MEDIA=youtube]Q93n3dvaaTI[/MEDIA]

Nothing else matters.

(Just my personal favorite though everyone is free to have their own favorite performance.)
LordFaQ

Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:37 pm

Yeah, the S&M Show was fantastic! I liked how they reworked it to include the orchestra. Truey amazing.
That is not dead which can eternal lie; Yet with strange aeons even death may die - H.P. Lovecraft