Vote On Cohh's Next Path of Exile Build!

Any new features, updates and important stuff will be posted here.

Which build should Cohh use?

Glacial Cascade Inquisitor
9%
6%
8%
17%
7%
14%
37%

Total votes: 895
nuuriell

Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:45 pm

Help Cohh pick his next Path of Exile build! Vote on which build you think he should use. ^_^

Ball Toss Berserker (Cyclone & Molten Strike) YouTube
Maybe on a budget, not even requiring a Brutus Lead Sprinkler or Xoph’s Blood amulet! Or perhaps you just like to douse your enemies in hot magma balls that spill from your weapon! If this is the case, you will most definitely want to check out this Ngamahu’s Ball Toss Berserker, utilizing the Ngamahu’s Flame unique axe.

^ Alternative guide with small changes and as a duelist ^

Flameblast Totem Inquisitor YouTube
Flameblast charges up while you channel it, increasing in damage and AoE the longer you hold it before releasing. Traditional Flameblast builds have struggled with the awkwardness of standing still for such a long period of time. This build does away with that by having totems do it for us, letting us run around at our leisure while our totems blow up the whole screen.

Frost Blades
YouTube
This build focuses on high attack speed to unleash a series of chaining projectiles with 86% cold pen, high crit chance and amazing attack speed in a almost 360 radius around you , killing everything that dares come close.
The weapon range increases with each level of Frost Blades , so even if it is a melee skill , with good positioning , you will be out of harms way most of the times you`re in a fight.

Wanderfinder YouTube
This Build has the perfect Synergy of Defense, Offense and Movement Speed, Using Queen of the Forest as the Core Item.

Spectral Throw YouTube
Very fun and engaging build to play
Spectral Throw MTX (buzzsaw or reaver) both look amazing! (Hope to get Lunaris boss from act 8 MTX at some point!!)
Very fast pace build
Incredible movement speed with whirling blades

This build uses crit with multiple sources of added damage from physical, 100% elemental conversion, and several cast speed boosts to achieve over 700,000 PoB DPS fully buffed. Since Glacial Cascade hits twice per cast over most of its range.

If you'd like to check out the spreadsheet with all this info, click HERE.

nuu
Arandur87

Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:35 pm

Just as a reminder: Vaal pact is getting changed quiet a bit, builds like the Ball Toss Berzerker may not be working anymore when the patch hits the Server and Need to be adjusted to maybe Slayer instead of zerker or switching to more defensive playstyles.
Charoth404

Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:42 pm

[QUOTE="Arandur87, post: 51511, member: 103225"]Just as a reminder: Vaal pact is getting changed quiet a bit, builds like the Ball Toss Berzerker may not be working anymore when the patch hits the Server and Need to be adjusted to maybe Slayer instead of zerker or switching to more defensive playstyles.[/QUOTE]

This is exactly why I voted for the "alternative" Duelist build!
Klaxsh

Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:18 pm

[MEDIA=youtube]TlPpPBiBJRw[/MEDIA]
Just as a warning, this guy goes into pretty good details about how the numbers on this build are very much inflated, as well as something like elebuzzsaw providing very similar damage, and way more survivability. I just wanted to let people know, I'd rather see cohh play a build that won't frustrated him while trying to do end game.
Arandur87

Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:12 am

And there it is, the Vaal Pact (VP) nerf.

In fact, most of the builds above won't be enjoyable or even not playable anymore.
The Glacial Cascade Inquisitor relied on VP as his defensive layer and to counter the Blood Magic cost of his main skill, I doubt it will be playable with the new VP anymore.
So, if Cohh doesn't want to wait for 1 week until good builds without VP occur in the web, the only option to do is actually Slayer with VP. So the alternate Version of the Ball Zerker (as a Slayer instead of a Berzerker) would be the best choice imho.

As klaxsh said it above, the build shouldn't be frustrating to play for Cohh, so anything relying on the current insta-leech-VP should be mitigated at all cost in sake of joy.
Klaxsh

Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:29 am

Also, while I greatly enjoyed my wander, I personally used it as a resource farmer(mostly tier 2-3 maps) because of how quick it is, but the leveling was extremely painful, and even in end game it still plays very similarly to a bow and arrow character, which cohh said he didn't want to play again. Also with the VP nerf, we will have to see how viable it is in end-game, the barrage nerf is negligible at best, but the wander I played relied on VP to survive in end-game.

A few builds I know are not all that affected so far by the changes: warchief totem, spectres, dark pact(heard its going to be pretty strong with some changes but not sure which variant). I'm sure there's plenty more, but those are the ones I can think of off the top of my head.
juventiknow13

Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:40 pm

with the new threshold jewel for GC and no apparent nerfs, GC Inquis will be a great build to do all content.
Klaxsh

Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:44 pm

Oh one that I completely forgot, Essence Drain + Contagion is still an extremely viable build for all content, easy to gear, and great clear speed.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1625254
DanVelly

Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:10 am

[QUOTE="juventiknow13, post: 51568, member: 116348"]with the new threshold jewel for GC and no apparent nerfs, GC Inquis will be a great build to do all content.[/QUOTE]

With the changes to Vaal Pact not being instant anymore and the GC being in a chestpiece that gives a good damage boost but also gives it blood magic GC inquis will have a harder time staying alive (especially if he casts fast).
Also --if they didn't change it back since they announced War for the Atlas-- VP gets moved down to the Duelist area making it totally unreasonable for this build to get it w/o sacrificing too much defense and/or damage imho.

All in all if he goes with GC Inquis as his build I'ld personally recommend using a different chest piece. Depending on how rare the Shaper/Elder items'll be it'll probably be better to use a purely defensive chest piece (a.e. Kaom's Heart) instead and put GC in 1 of those rares with some fitting "..supported by.."-stats imo.
SunlitKarma

Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:09 pm

Inquisitor is way out in front so it looks like any concerns about the balance changes won't be necessary.
Kleinnix

Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:53 pm

the biggest problem is 90% of all builds out there depend on vaal and 5% out of the rest are farm builds not shaper kill builds and the last 5% are builds that cost 500c+ so we cant use those aswell. There will be changes in how you play the builds but its all we have right now i am not that good that i can make up 5 new builds
Klaxsh

Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:57 pm

I posted a list in the other thread Kleinnix, none of the builds I posted require a huge amount of C to get started, they can all be used as league starter, and are definitely end game viable.
Souchira

Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:26 am

If you're going to play in a team you need a fence to buy/sell your stuff so you can afford the good things without wasting a lot of time trading.
Crit_c

Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:34 pm

[QUOTE="Arandur87, post: 51511, member: 103225"]Just as a reminder: Vaal pact is getting changed quiet a bit, builds like the Ball Toss Berzerker may not be working anymore when the patch hits the Server and Need to be adjusted to maybe Slayer instead of zerker or switching to more defensive playstyles.[/QUOTE]

It is completely changed. No longer located close to Ranger & Rogue on the passive tree, it's now at the bottom right corner (outer deulist area). It also no longer provides instant life gain. It is 2x life leech buff now.
Crit_c

Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:43 pm

Also check that the builds wi
[QUOTE="juventiknow13, post: 51568, member: 116348"]with the new threshold jewel for GC and no apparent nerfs, GC Inquis will be a great build to do all content.[/QUOTE]
Not anymore because of changes to Vaal Pact. Look at Nick_GGG 's patch notes thread on the poe forums.
Souchira

Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:44 pm

The NeverSink filters have been updated, you can get them here: http://www.filterblade.xyz/
Crit_c

Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:49 pm

Sorry that's NickK_GGG
Crit_c

Fri Dec 08, 2017 3:06 pm

[QUOTE="klaxsh, post: 51569, member: 12737"]Oh one that I completely forgot, Essence Drain + Contagion is still an extremely viable build for all content, easy to gear, and great clear speed.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1625254[/QUOTE]
That one looks pretty good & largely uneffected by the 3.1 update. Do you know if it can handle Shaper?
Crit_c

Fri Dec 08, 2017 3:10 pm

[QUOTE="SunlitKarma, post: 51619, member: 56264"]Inquisitor is way out in front so it looks like any concerns about the balance changes won't be necessary.[/QUOTE]
they are necessary cause that build just simply can't be done anymore. There's no way to reach VP on the skill tree and it relied almost completely on VP's instant life leech just to stay viable. It's key piece drains life as fuel and needed VP to replenish life. It's just a dead build now.
Klaxsh

Fri Dec 08, 2017 3:11 pm

[MEDIA=youtube]9lii7KwFD_w[/MEDIA]
here is ziz's EK inquisitor I talked about in my previous post.