Game Suggestions for Cohh's Pokemon Streams Needed!

Any new features, updates and important stuff will be posted here.
nuuriell

Sun Jul 08, 2018 9:48 am

Hi, everyone!

Since Cohh's GuardianCon charity stream went so well and the Pokemon game goals were met, we'd like to hear which games you think he should play. ^_^ Let us know in this thread. Please also note which platform/system.

nuu
Curlocker

Sun Jul 08, 2018 9:58 am

Pokemon Yellow! Old school. They were re-released recently, i'm guessing on 3ds? Not 100% sure.
Serotriptomine

Sun Jul 08, 2018 10:00 am

My first thoughts are about the titles in general.

Main series titles would naturally all be included.
I would personally include Pokemon Snap as a 2nd game as its just great.

I would say no mobile app titles, no pinball series, no trading card series.
No Ranger, Rumble, or Mystery Dungeon Games.
No Pokemon PC titles.
No Console Pokemon games (Stadium, Colosseum, Revolution, Tournament, Quest)

The question is do we want to spread votes across all games or focus on the pairs?
Example.

Red & Blue & Yellow
Gold & Silver
Ruby & Sapphire
Diamond & Pearl
Black1`2 & White 1`2
X & Y
Sun & Moon.

This would effectively have the vote be based on Pokemon Generation.
After a generation is voted on, you could then split the vote again to community choose one or the other, or let Cohh choose which boxart looks more badass. :p

Or.
You could list them all by themselves

This isn't an official statement, just my personal opinion on what could be done in regards to option.

We'll also need more information about which games on what hardware and what version and how to do this for Cohh if anyone could help with that.
ThePhoenixSol

Sun Jul 08, 2018 11:10 am

I personally vote for heart gold or soul silver. maybe diamond or pearl..... but THE BEST way for cohh. would be to try the PokeMMO game, it goes through the kanto, hoen, and unova regions... since its in an MMO sphere, cohh would be more at home. but its not an official game so probs not the route he will go sadly.
LupusCardinal

Sun Jul 08, 2018 11:38 am

I would say say Omega Ruby or Alpha Sapphire (Nintendo 3DS).

Quite recent remakes, so they have the visual aesthetics to match, but unlike S&M (and US&UM) the Hoenn games don't cater as much to new, younger players so it might be more up cohh's alley.

Alternatively, Soul Silver / Heart Gold (Nintendo DS)? Slightly older sure, but i dare say the above also applies to them.

I doubt cohh will fall in love with the pokemon franchise, but out of the main games these ones are the most likely to do the trick IMO :cohhLUL:
aFatSoftDogBelly

Sun Jul 08, 2018 11:43 am

FIRST GAME SHOULD BE X / Y / OMEGA RUBY / ALPHA SAPPHIRE
True, they are not the first games that everyone loves.
BUT, they are, in my opinion, the best games to attract new commers, like Cohh.
First gen games had nothing to them, while on the contrary, gen 6 games (X/Y/ORAS) have better quality, lot's of pokemon, and the main mechanichs that are now an integral part of Pokemon.
if we want Cohh to truly experience the CURRENT Pokemon experience, he needs to experience all of the things the games have to offer.
Thus, in my opinion, he should try Omega Ruby or Alpha Sapphire:
1) Good graphics.
2) Mega Evolutions (which are an integral part of Pokemon. If he plays Red / Silver he won't experience them)
3) Competitive depth (lots of abilities, attacks, statuses etc....)
4) FAIRY TYPE - Nowadays, Fairy type is a part of Pokemon. If we want Cohh to experience the game to the fullest, we want him to also experience the Fairy type.

Becuase of the above, I believe we should let Cohh FIRST play Omega Ruby / Alpha Sapphire / X / Y - to start off his Pokemon journey with a good taste.
Later on, wether if will be on his 2nd pokemon game, or maybe on his own will, he can try the iconic old ones.
xgoatlas

Sun Jul 08, 2018 12:13 pm

I would definitely have to say pokemon Soul Silver or Omega Ruby
xXxRevanxXx

Sun Jul 08, 2018 12:52 pm

THESE 2 GAMES MAY BE A BIT HARD TO COME BY. NO IDEA IF THEY CAN BE EMULATED

POKEMON SNAP OR POKEMON COLESIUM. both of these have tangible goals to work towards and are not bad mobile standard games like yellow silver red (other generic colour etc.)

POKEMON SNAP
this would be a fun little 2 hour playable game for the stream that may catch his interest with how fun it is to find all the hidden pokemon.
it is easy to pick up and play as it only has 3-4 mechanics and can be dropped pretty quickly after he is done with it
(did i mention it is the best pokemon game ever made and nothing comes close to its glory? well it is end of discussion anything anyone else says is wrong! WRONG I SAY!)

POKEMON COLESIUM
This one actually has a tangible and set out story line. it is a 3D proper looking game with area ecploration and quests for him to get into as well as your classic pokemon battles with gym boss's and other boss's scattered around.
This may entice him into playing it more or he can drop it easily after his alotted time ha expired

this is some un commentated gameplay for POKEMON SNAP
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOB5HB_9kgs

this is some gameplay for POKEMON COLESIUM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMVT9CjVajg
Dalaigh

Sun Jul 08, 2018 1:08 pm

Soul Silver or Omega Ruby
Laslo24

Sun Jul 08, 2018 3:09 pm

I would say one of the first main line titles first like Blue (Gameboy) or Red (Gameboy) maybe even Yellow (Gameboy/Gb Color) and then one of later titels like Omega Ruby (3DS) or Alpha Sapphire (3DS) just to show Cohh what the games were like back in the day. This would show Cohh how far they have come and at the same time it would show him the games that brought most of us to love these games and what keeps us hooked to them :cohhHmm: :cohhL:
Last edited by Laslo24 on Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Xalzris

Sun Jul 08, 2018 3:12 pm

The first game should be one of the originals. Then there should fir the second I would play one of the newer ones. The first set should be red, green, or blue. Then it should be followed by anything after diamond or pearl. Not sure if these games were ever re-released on a different console.
Zipzeolocke

Sun Jul 08, 2018 3:41 pm

I'd like to just see one more Jurassic world evolution stream to see him mess around in the sandbox mode for a few hours
gwent3579

Sun Jul 08, 2018 4:50 pm

-Pokemon sun or pokemon moon on 3ds

-pokemon x or pokemon y on 3ds
Last edited by gwent3579 on Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Cryptic_Vulpix

Sun Jul 08, 2018 7:23 pm

Definitely should start out with one of the original old school games: Red/Blue/Yellow
Then one of the newer ones, I would suggest Alpha Sapphire/Omega Ruby
Honorable mention: Soulsilver/Heartgold
(both are available on the 3ds, whether as physical copies or digital downloads)
TyroSpellwar

Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:31 am

For the two Pokemon games, I think Cohh should play Pokemon Heart Gold/Soul Silver for the DS and Sun and Moon for the 3ds (can use ds games in 3ds so only one console :D )
i13enn_tv

Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:45 am

Gotta start with the OG games FIRE RED/ LEAF GREEN and PokeSnap because it is a classic
Narnun

Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:04 am

Hello :cohhCheer:

So my Suggestion is the new Pokemon Coming out on the Switch entitled Let's Go Pikachu (or Eevee). My reasons are the following:

It's on a current gen console which I know cohh owns so no extra money needs to be spend on getting hard and expensive setup (Ruled out emulation).
It's both very friendly to begineers, although one could argue not having to battle random pokemons to catch them makes it very casual and sell fun and I share this opinion, and has co op and at the same time it's a pokemon game which is extremely good for small children. This unique setup and the fact that the release date is in November make perfect conditions in my opinion for Cohh to also knockout the co op promise with Laina, and if they wish to make it a family stream. He could also do it with JP or Zeke and just get drunk :P
The graphics wouldn't put off anyone, since they are nice and current gen.
It has present the Kanto Region, so eliminates some of the reason to go and play the old ones being full remakes of the original Yellow version.

YOU CAN RIDE FREAKING ONYX IN FULL SCALE 1:1 to your character!

As for second Pokemon game, this would require the Virtual Console on the WiiU or a Game Cube with the Advance parts which allows you to play game boy advance games.

I had this idea of suggesting a full dicotomy with one Original, my favorite being Gold but maybe Crystal which is consider the best Pokemon game and Let's Go Pikachu, so see where it all started and where it currently is.

Finally if the second option is not viable, I will second the ORAS option because that is the best Pokemon I own on the 3DS although Y is very cool. The Aloha region of Sun and Moon although fun, have alot of complicated introduction and try out mechanics which makes it extra confusing. Ice Vulpix and Psicquic Raichu :cohhNani:

EDIT: I advise against doing Yellow OG and the Let's go Pikachu because they are the exact same game. Blue/Red at least have some differences in the pokemons you catch. If you do do like OG gameboy Colour and Let's Go, I would pick gen 2 and later.
EDIT2: It was brought to my attention that the OG pokemons are available in the 3DS using it's Virtual Console. I don't know if Cohh owns a streaming 3DS, they are kinda expensive and have huge wait lists. Virtual Console on the WiiU works well though and he can just capture the screen like he usually does.
Last edited by Narnun on Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
VatosCorsos

Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:18 am

Pokemon Emerald or Pokemon Reborn (It's a custom made Version) :cohhGV:
Y2A_Alkis

Mon Jul 09, 2018 11:50 am

Regarding the main series: Either HeartGold/SoulSilver (DS) or UltraSun/UltraMoon (3DS).
HGSS for the "old school" look and a very posished game.
USUM for the most up-to-date graphics the 3DS can handle plus the best beginner-friendly entries.

Both can (and should) be played on a New Nintendo 3DS XL. 'New' because better performance for Ultra games, 'XL' because better for adult hands. (speaking from experience)
Cohh would need to get a N3DSXL with a capture card. I think at least one of his mods has knowledge about this, if not I'll be happy to help out.

He should 100% not play anything on an emulator since that's pirating and Cohh doesn't do that.

Regarding spin-offs: Mystery Dungeon is by far the best experience. I haven't played any since the first ones, but the stories are very good.

And definitely no fanmade roms or "PC stuff" since all those things do is stealing and using Pokémon's IP without their consent.
aFatSoftDogBelly

Mon Jul 09, 2018 1:19 pm

Narnun wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:04 am
Hello :cohhCheer:

So my Suggestion is the new Pokemon Coming out on the Switch entitled Let's Go Pikachu (or Eevee). My reasons are the following:

It's on a current gen console which I know cohh owns so no extra money needs to be spend on getting hard and expensive setup (Ruled out emulation).
It's both very friendly to begineers, although one could argue not having to battle random pokemons to catch them makes it very casual and sell fun and I share this opinion, and has co op and at the same time it's a pokemon game which is extremely good for small children. This unique setup and the fact that the release date is in November make perfect conditions in my opinion for Cohh to also knockout the co op promise with Laina, and if they wish to make it a family stream. He could also do it with JP or Zeke and just get drunk :P
The graphics wouldn't put off anyone, since they are nice and current gen.
It has present the Kanto Region, so eliminates some of the reason to go and play the old ones being full remakes of the original Yellow version.

YOU CAN RIDE FREAKING ONYX IN FULL SCALE 1:1 to your character!

As for second Pokemon game, this would require the Virtual Console on the WiiU or a Game Cube with the Advance parts which allows you to play game boy advance games.

I had this idea of suggesting a full dicotomy with one Original, my favorite being Gold but maybe Crystal which is consider the best Pokemon game and Let's Go Pikachu, so see where it all started and where it currently is.

Finally if the second option is not viable, I will second the ORAS option because that is the best Pokemon I own on the 3DS although Y is very cool. The Aloha region of Sun and Moon although fun, have alot of complicated introduction and try out mechanics which makes it extra confusing. Ice Vulpix and Psicquic Raichu :cohhNani:

EDIT: I advise against doing Yellow OG and the Let's go Pikachu because they are the exact same game. Blue/Red at least have some differences in the pokemons you catch. If you do do like OG gameboy Colour and Let's Go, I would pick gen 2 and later.

I'll actually back you up on this. I am for ORAS 100%. Not so much for Red/Blue/Crystal.
But the Pokemon Let's Go franchice can be nice, for the exact reasons you've mentioned:
1) Co-op with Laina and Roen - Fun Family Time :cohhWaii:
2) Can replace the old games.

* It does, however, have a big disatvantage - and that it is not a main game. It is different game from the stuff we were used to for 22 years. In my opinion, if he tries a Let's Go game, he must also try a "regular" game. And for the regular game I suggest ORAS. Mentioned my reasons above XD :cohh7: :cohhWaii: :cohhBooker: