Game Suggestions for Cohh's Pokemon Streams Needed!

Any new features, updates and important stuff will be posted here.
Mograw

Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:24 am

In the spirit of trying new things, Pokemon Go as his foray into IRL (and ultimately cooking) streaming :cohhT: :cohhEat:
aFatSoftDogBelly

Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:59 am

Mograw wrote:
Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:24 am
In the spirit of trying new things, Pokemon Go as his foray into IRL (and ultimately cooking) streaming :cohhT: :cohhEat:
Cooking PokePuffins with Laina and Cohh :cohhWaii:
VaanBoros

Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:26 am

I would suggest one from the emrald/ruby/sapphire gen and then maybe one of the original ones like yellow or if cohh wants to wait for it, the remake with lets go pikachu/eevee.
Zipzeolocke

Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:43 pm

Since he loved persona 5 so much, I highly recommend persona 4 for PS3 which I believe you can get on the PS store for PS4
corvax110

Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:23 pm

I think that Cohh enjoys game with a bit more story, ones that give him a purpose to go and do things. He also enjoys a less juvenile story. I would suggest Pokemon Colosseum, because it is entirely story based; it isn't the typical 8 gyms, some bad organization, elite 4, one main legendary Pokemon game. I think that this game may have the best chance of Cohh enjoying it. Also i hope that awesome intro really grabs him.
Vaylufa

Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:54 pm

Pokemon silver :cohhMy:
Fantom1080

Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:15 pm

1 of the ORIGINAL 3 GENERATIONS (or remakes of: red, blue, yellow. silver, gold, crystal. ruby, sapphire, emerald.) & 1 of the GAMECUBE GAMES Pokemon: Collisseum or XD

I'm a big fan of Pokemon and been playing since the first generation, i havent played the newer few games because i don't think they're as good & i feel it strays allot from the fundamentals of the originals of what made me such a huge fan of the franchise but they are by no means bad. as a OG FAN id accept but wuldnt be as happy if cohh were to play one of the 'spin-offs' like mystery dungeon or pokemon snap, which i loved but isnt the CORE pokemon experience.
Daten4

Thu Jul 19, 2018 1:03 pm

I wonder how many of you who're suggesting to play Gen1 (Red/Blue/[Green]/Yellow) actually played and finished it recently. Like I wouldn't recommend Yalkuza 1 (PS2 / PS3JP) as an entry title I can't recommend starting a title below Gen4. Why Gen4? Gen2 was amazing but there is the better remake Soul Silver and Heart Gold, also I disliked the Ruby because it felt washed out compared to Silver/Gold/Platinum.
Just like Yakuza games the gameplay and gameplay systems changed by iteration and there is no need to have played previous titles because every game starts somewhat fresh while all narratives are still connected.
SAPHIRALee

Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:19 pm

I would say omega ruby to get into it then well crystal its older but it was my fav as a kid
OhChrisis

Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:39 am

I think I'll suggest omega Ruby/ Alpha Sapphire if you can either emulate or get your hands on a 3DS with a capture card.

positives would be:
- you can fly in the worldmap with the EON flute, not just "teleport"
- Mega-evolution adds flavour.
- You can meet many of the legendaries, though many of them won't have much background story in this game
- a nice post-story (don't remember the details, only that I really liked it)
- main story isn't horrible either.
- lots of QoL over earlier games
Crit_c

Sat Jul 21, 2018 2:06 pm

Zipzeolocke wrote:
Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:43 pm
Since he loved persona 5 so much, I highly recommend persona 4 for PS3 which I believe you can get on the PS store for PS4
This thread is purely about choosing the Pokemon games that Cohh will play for the charity reward streams.
the__Merowinger

Sun Jul 22, 2018 12:08 pm

I have to make one thing clear. If cohh does have to play 2 of the Gameboy / 3DS RPG's, keep in mind he only will get the first 2 hours of these! I might be wrong about that, but from my expierience the first hours of each RPG are kind of the same. Pls do your self, cohh and me a favor, dont let him play 2 RPG's.
Also i think (allready said that) Pokemon SNAP! (N64) maybe Wii, is one of the best games in this franchise and a must play for me. As some ppl mentioned in here as well, its ez to pick up, you will have fun playing it at least 2 hours.

Again keep in mind the RPG's are kind of the same story, expierience, game play in the time given, don't do 2 of them.
If there is a vote and 2 RPG 's are on the top, play one for 4 hours. could be the better deal at this point.

PS: This is also a note to nuuriel, cause i think she will organize this stuff.
Lucarkia

Sun Jul 22, 2018 12:28 pm

my vote for Pokemon streams would be either
1- Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon, and Pokemon Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire for the 3DS. or
2- Pokemon Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire and Sun/Moon for the 3DS.

both combinations, while they are RPGs of the Pokemon universe, they have a different loop/objectives to do in the game, with different stories (2nd option is more similar story-wise than 1st option)
aFatSoftDogBelly

Sun Jul 22, 2018 2:43 pm

the_Mer0winger wrote:
I have to make one thing clear. If cohh does have to play 2 of the Gameboy / 3DS RPG's, keep in mind he only will get the first 2 hours of these! I might be wrong about that, but from my expierience the first hours of each RPG are kind of the same. Pls do your self, cohh and me a favor, dont let him play 2 RPG's.
Also i think (allready said that) Pokemon SNAP! (N64) maybe Wii, is one of the best games in this franchise and a must play for me. As some ppl mentioned in here as well, its ez to pick up, you will have fun playing it at least 2 hours.

Again keep in mind the RPG's are kind of the same story, expierience, game play in the time given, don't do 2 of them.
If there is a vote and 2 RPG 's are on the top, play one for 4 hours. could be the better deal at this point.

I must agree. As much as I'd love to see cohh play 2 pokemon games, if we want cohh to get the most out of these few hours, and hopefully these hours will make him play the entire game, we need 1 game with 4 hours in it.
I sugget Omega Ruby / Alpha Sapphire
TheAbyssionKnight

Sun Jul 22, 2018 2:50 pm

I think Pokemon Black/White would be a good choice for Cohh. Team Plasma is reasonably interesting, with the whole 'liberate pokemon' concept, which is more than most generations can say when it comes to the ambitions of their evil teams.

Considering Cohh probably won't get that deep into the game, I think one that has some story at the start might make for a better stream? Assuming Cohh pays attention...

Also love the idea of him playing Pokemon Snap! That's kind of cheating, but at the same time that game was always pretty fun. Don't know if Cohh would enjoy a photography game though.
Snorlax_pillow

Mon Jul 23, 2018 6:15 am

Pokemon ORAS or XY.

Since graphically, they are decent enough.
Pretty sure we will not go full screen.
Tech team can make a layout with full team info, location on map, etc.

Storywise, they are also more interesting.
Funny Easter Eggs are plentiful too.
kolynthered

Tue Jul 24, 2018 7:26 am

i think you should go with the channel colors pokemon red and black
Crit_c

Tue Jul 24, 2018 4:42 pm

the_Mer0winger wrote:

Agree. If it's 2 rpgs, i think 1 from gen 1-3 (my personal preference being Emerald), and a newer one, like Pokemon Ultra Sun/Moon or the upcoming Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee. But these will still be similar, so yeah. Def Pokemon SNAP! if it's allowed :cohhBoop:
JesterAlexPlays

Wed Jul 25, 2018 12:31 pm

IMO pokemon Y and Super Mystery Dungeon. Y is the one i enjoyed the most since i played red/gold/sapphire back in the day! and Mystery Dungeon will be something a little different :)
RagnarozSR

Wed Jul 25, 2018 6:03 pm

Pokemon Black/White(either 1 or 2, although I personally prefer 1) are the best ones, so I'm gonna suggest either one of those. They start off really well, and since he's only gonna be playing for 2 hours, that's important. Also they have the best story in the series.

If he's gonna go for one of the 3DS titles, either go for OR/AS or US/UM because X and Y are just bad. And please don't make Cohh play any of the side games, those are just mostly bad.

Honestly, I wouldn't go for any of the older games, except for Heart Gold/Soul Silver because they did not age well, especially the original trilogy.

And to end, a big NO from me on the Let's Go games. Way too casual and not real mainline games. They're just something they're gonna use to milk money from the Go audience while they work on the real games. There's a reason Gamefreak announced the 2019 titles at the same time. They know that the longtime Pokemon fans want nothing to do with that trash.