Gauging interest for a DnD group inside the Cohhilition

Post here if you are looking for people to play with or want to schedule a time to play a game
Hippy80

Tue Sep 04, 2018 12:54 pm

Hey all.

My D&D group has just broken up, and I'm looking to start a new one.

I'm planning to DM myself, and run the game on Roll20. I can offer 2 premade WotC modules, The Mines on Pandeveler and The Horde of the Dragon Queen. Once the group is established, I'd be interested in running a homebrew campaign of my own that would be of a more mature nature. The game will be run using the 5e rule set, and I'm happy to discuss using extra content such as WotC books and some playtested Homebrew content.
The game will be run over Discord, and run in English. I'm UK based, so would prefer to run it at Eu friendly times, probably over the weekend.

I'm a relatively new DM, having only played my first D&D game last Christmas, but I have fallen in love with the game and have dived deeply into the metagame and lore. I'm looking for players who'd be interested in playing fairly seriously, while still having fun. I have a quirky sense of humour, and that is definitely going to raise it's head in the game. The game will have some mature themes.
Role playing is preferred, with no obvious metagaming. I'm open to suggestions and opinions on the best way to run the game, but as DM I will be the final authority on how the game will be run (doing anything by committee ends up being a pain).

To start with, I'm just looking for interest from people, and what time they would be able to play during the week. It doesn't mater if you've never played before, or are a D&D nerd like me.
If enough interest is shown, and a coherent group starts to form, I'll contact potential players and have a chat online about characters/style and gauge how everyone will work together.

I'm asking here because, as everyone knows, The Cohhilition is full of wonderful people, and I think the chances of finding a good group are better here than anywhere else.
If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

If you are interested, please post:
Your experience playing D&D
Any D&D class preference
A brief bio about yourself.
nolgoroe

Tue Sep 04, 2018 1:15 pm

Hi there, nice to meet ya :D

my location- Israel (timezone GMT+2)

Times you can play - currently i'm free most of the time.

Your experience playing D&D - none at all but I've been interested in it for so long and would be really happy to join a nice mature group of D&D players.

Any D&D class preference - as I play in every MMORPG. I always go for a tank, no matter race gender or anything else, but I love being on the front lines defending my party members.

A brief bio about yourself. - My online name is Nolgoroe (real name Avishy), I am 21 years old, live in Israel, finished my army service about 1 month ago (served for 3 years). I'm a nerdy kinda guy, gonna start learning "Game design and development" on the 4th of November.
I have been part of the Cohhilition for a while now, about 4.5 years (almost since he started).
I love to laugh, play games, party, meet great people and much more.

If you have any more questiong or want to know anything else, feel completly free to contact me :D

thanks in advance -Nolgoroe (AKA Avishy the great, the wise, the handsome.. and most importantly the modest :cohhCheer: :cohhLUL: )
gostleader

Sat Sep 08, 2018 6:52 am

Hello Guys :cohhHi:

My location - germany (currently GMT+2, after timeshift on the last day of october GMT+1)

Times you can play - Im mostly available on evenings or Weekends. Only exeptions are wednesday evening and saturday noon. (I start my job at the 15.9 so before that im free whenever; same exeptions)

Your experience playing D&D - noone but as a criticalrole fan who tried friends to play with him for some time im very happy to join you on your adventoure

Any D&D class preferences - Im usually known in any game to be the ninja of the group and while i would be happy to break that habbit i definitly prefer a well done ambush over anything else. Id like to say aswell that i also prefer the hands on approach, using magic as a means of backup.

A brief bio about yourself - Online im known as Gostleader but my real name is Henri. Im 21 years old, live in germany and come staight from school. Im about to start what in germany is called Bufdi (volentary societal work). I was always a big fan of video games and books, but have also been doing martial arts for a while. I honestly dont know how long ive been a lurker in the cohhilition(maybe 1.5-2 years) but ive learned about cohh from sacriel and the 42nd of which ive been a member since old dayZ days.
I always love to have adventures with great people, exploring the unknown or fighting big bosses with a (sometimes not so) coordinated Team

If you want to know more please feel free to ask

Thank you for this offer and im sure well make a great Team - Henri (AKA Gostleader the shadow, the mastermind, the unseen until he is :cohhNani: )
SniperChunk

Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:27 pm

Hey there :cohhHi:

Location - UK, South London

Times you can play - Weekends and most evenings

Your experience playing D&D - Ive played one campaign before so i know the basics, though im no expert :cohhLUL: Loved every minute of it though.

Any D&D class preference - Played a warlock previously, had a blast so i wouldnt mind sticking to that, though id love to try a support class like paladin or cleric too.

A brief bio about yourself. - My real name is George and im currently studying computer science at university. Ive played games for a good portion of my life, what brings me back is getting to know new people and having a blast in the process. Have to say WoW is one of the most memorable games for me, dont think anything can beat building a guild and getting to know everyone in the process.

If you have any questions feel free to pm me. I look forward to hearing from you, and possibly playing some D&D :cohhCheer:

Thanks,
- George
Sumurai8

Thu Sep 13, 2018 6:37 pm

Hiya,

I am Sumurai8 around the internet. I am 26, identify as human male and on occasion as a cactus. I live in the Netherlands, studied computer science there and I am currently working as a web developer. During my college years I used to drop in and out of the stream (I started following somewhere in 2014) and more recently I also subbed to the channel.

Location: The Netherlands (timezones GMT+1 or 2 depending on face of the moon, the number of flowers in your vicinity and/or summertime)
Experience with D&D: I have been thinking about joining a group, and I have watched other people play it. I never played it myself, but I want to try it.
Class preference: In games I usually play support roles, but I currently do not have a strong preference for any D&D role/class.
Times I can play: Evenings after work, during weekends.
PhoenixFyr

Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:54 am

Hi nice to meet you :cohhBoop:

My location: The Netherlands(EU)

Lots of free time during the day and evening. I do have a part time job which makes it difficult to play Friday and one random day in the Weekend.

Experience with D&D: I started playing D&D with some friend I know IRL, a couple months ago and absolutely love it. I dont have a lot of experience but I am very interested in playing more.

Preferences I mostly go Melee but I want to try every class eventually so my class is debatable.

My Online name I usually use is Kasmaster15 I am 17 years old and also live in The Netherlands I am a pretty shy guy who but can get very invested in a story I have been a part of the cohhilition for about 2.5 years. I love games and interacting with others and am looking forward to playing more D&D

You can contact me if I peaked your interest and look hopefully forward to a responds even if my comment was sent a little later :cohhD:

-Kasper (Real name)

If necessary my Discord name is Kasmaster15 #3133 :cohhGG:
fason_the_wizard

Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:35 am

Times you can play: anytime sunday evenings for sure, and either early or late saturday (current campaign usually plays from 1pm EST to 6pm EST, depending when we actually start)

Your experience playing D&D: I am in the middle of my first campaign (we are lvl 8, starting at 1) currently playing a divine sorcerer.

Any D&D class preference: magic casters, cleric,warlock, wizard, pally, spell thief, etc

A brief bio about yourself: My name is Dylan, I got into roll playing games back in 2007 Warcraft 3 custom maps, then jumped between mmo-rp guilds in different games. World of Warcraft is where I got the name Fason the wizard, because that character I kept on for 2 years, and when I started loving magic casting characters.
Sirkillmenot

Thu Sep 20, 2018 6:26 am

:cohhHi: Heya,

I know I'm late to the party, but if you're still looking for people I'd like to join in on your adventures.

Times you can play:
Any evening (except wednesday, WoW raid night) and the entire weekend.

Your experience playing D&D:
I'm an old-school DnD player and started playing it with AD&D 2nd edition rules, then went on to 3e and later 3,5e. I even DM'd for a while but I always prefered to be a player. Have to say though, I haven't played in about 10 years (I'm feeling old now...) so I might be a bit rusty. And I'd have to look in to 5e rules to see what has changed. We also always played in the Forgotten Realms setting.

Any D&D class preference:
I'm usually the last guy to roll a char, since I usually fill in the role that's needed. Wouldn't mind playing a Paladin (2h/damage orientated) or Ranger (archer) though, and I dislike playing Bard or Barbarian.

A brief bio about yourself:
I'm Daniel, 35 years old, nerd and proud of it. Born in Germany but have been living in the Netherlands for the past 25 years now. I work in a woodshop where I build furniture from scaffolding wood. Been a gamer for as long as I can remember, love to read fantasy novels and like to listen to metal music. Can't remember how long I've been in the Cohhilition but it's been years now. Sometimes chat in chat but usually just :cohhLurk:

If you want to know more, please ask!
Hippy80

Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:08 am

Hey Guys,

Thanks for your wonderful responses!
Sorry about the lack of communication from me, work has been a bit mental!!!

I think the next stage is to get on a Discord server all together to get to know each other, and make a schedule.
I'd like to get together this Friday, at 7pm UK time. I'll send you all a Discord link in a PM. Based on my current schedule, 7PM on Fridays would be the ideal time to run this game for me.

We'll be running this on Roll20, so if you don't have an account, please set one up. It's free, and my Pro account will give you access to loads of my paid modules in our game, so you don't need anything else to get going beyond the basic account. Please PM me those account details so I can send you a link to the game. Roll20 has a really good character creator wizard. I'll assign you all a character sheet to play around with as well.

I'm going to run the relatively short Starter's campaign first. This should help those new to the game to learn quickly, and I can easily add a bit of flavour and balance it for a larger group.
If you have ideas for characters, feel free to start building them, and we'll discuss them on Friday. If you don't have any ideas for your own characters, I can provide a pre-made one (which I can also use to balance the group).

Let me know if you have any questions.

Looking forward to this!!
Sirkillmenot

Fri Sep 28, 2018 3:14 pm

George = Cleric
Ghostleader = Rogue
Kasmaster = Fighter
Nolgoroe = Barbarian
Sirkillmenot = Bard
Fason = Wizard
Sumurai = Druid
Casiuas

Sun Sep 30, 2018 6:43 pm

I am curious, is this still open or has the group been decided completely at this point?
Sirkillmenot

Mon Oct 01, 2018 4:29 am

Casiuas wrote:
Sun Sep 30, 2018 6:43 pm
I am curious, is this still open or has the group been decided completely at this point?
Not sure, need to ask Hippy that.

We had a chat with (most of) the team last friday, and decided to play every friday night at 7 pm UK time. Kas couldn't make it and so couldn't say that he can't play on fridays. So either we need to move the day, or Kas can't play. IF (big if) we're staying on friday it might be able for you to take his place. Not sure how Hippy is on expanding the group further.

Also note, that we're start playing next week, and we should have our characters done by the end of the week for Hippy to go over (and adjust where needed) so you might want to start thinking about a char a bit already. The list above are the classes we're playing atm, and you can always dubble up on a class if you want. And I myself change class to what's needed/missing so the bard I have now might change to something different if Kas can't play or you come in.
BarryCarlyon

Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:10 am

Side note: someone asked for a DnD channel on the Discord so there is one over there you can use.

And if you need some locked voice channels to run the show in, we can probably do that also
Sirkillmenot

Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:10 am

BarryCarlyon wrote:
Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:10 am
Side note: someone asked for a DnD channel on the Discord so there is one over there you can use.

And if you need some locked voice channels to run the show in, we can probably do that also
For a moment there I thought the legendary Barry wanted to join our D&D group when I saw you had replied on the thread :cohhWow:
Then I read the post and was slightly disappointed :cohhFeels:

But thanks! Hippy has his own discord that we use, so I doubt we would use the Cohhiliton one.
Sirkillmenot

Sun Oct 14, 2018 6:26 am

Tessa, Wood Elf Ranger
1,70m - Slim - Young for an elf, looks like she's still in her teens
Always hooded and gloved.
Green eyes, copper skin. Long, copper red hair. Parted on the right, hiding the left side of the face.
Missing left ring finger.
When not wearing her Studded Leather she wears black leather boots and gloves, brown leather pants, dark green shirt with brown leather vest and a dark green hooded cloak.

From what you've seen sofar during your short travel, Tessa keeps to herself. She's not actively avoiding people but never comes over for small talk or such herself. She likes tending to the horses during rests, and keeps the party fed (next to the provided rations) with nuts, berries and small game she finds during her scoutings.
Last edited by Sirkillmenot on Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:35 am, edited 2 times in total.
gostleader

Sun Oct 14, 2018 6:59 am

Tethren, Tiefling Rogue
1,71m- athletic and very slim- late teens but weathered
Dark red skin, jetblack eyes without an iris or pupil, a pair of twisting black horns that go back in a U-shape and curl forward on the very tip, dark unkept short hair and a twelve o´clock shadow
He wears tattered grey clothes and a brown leather armor that looks like it barely does its job (or failes horribly in some cases :cohhRude: ),
yet he never takes it off
Sumurai8

Sun Oct 14, 2018 6:23 pm

Orsik, Hill dwarf druid
1.38m - average weight and fit
Orsik is pale skinned, bald, with a long blond beard that he keeps reasonably groomed. He wears crude leather armour, as if the creator had no clue how to make armour. You do not know much about him, other than that he does not come from Neverwinter originally. He is rather stoic in his interactions with other people and death, but can get angry when killing animals when it is not necessary (session 1). You have seen him furious when an ogre was mentioned (session 1). He disliked to talk about his past (session 1), but you do not know why. He seems more at ease when surrounded by raw nature.
nolgoroe

Mon Oct 15, 2018 3:49 pm

Palar(though it's ony a nickname) is a Dragonborn, Barbarian.

6.8 ft tall, bulky build, golden scales,majestic golden beard with beautiful clear blue eyes, wields a giant Greataxe and loves to throw Javelin's. He's wearing barley any armor though his scales are tough enough!

H'es a very majestic looking being, not too many like him around the world.

Palar has no memory of his past, who he is or where he's from... (session 1) He's a very easy going, funny, brave person who likes to party when the time is right but FEARSOM when he's enraged (session 1), Palar doesn't fear death for whatever reason (session 1).
Mojica4life

Sun Nov 25, 2018 3:19 pm

Hey Hippy 80,

Location - Central Pennsylvania
Times you can play - Saturday & Sunday 1900-2200
Your experience playing D&D - Very little, played like 2 times and never followed up only because of work.
Any D&D class preference - Nope
A brief bio about yourself. - Originally from New York City I enjoy going out and socializing. I like most RPG's and stories.
Hippy80

Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:08 am

Thanks for your interest Mojica4life. The game has already begun, and we don;t currently have any space to add you to the game.

If we get any space in the future, I'll let you know.

Hope you find a game!!