Cohhilition Stream Team Highlight of the Month - Burke Black

Any new features, updates and important stuff will be posted here.
pal_me

Sun Sep 04, 2016 10:49 pm

The Cohhilition Stream Team would like to present it's first Team Member Highlight of the month. We asked BurkeBlack a few questions to help us get to know him. Check it out and give him a follow!

Q: What is Your Twitch Name / Channel?

A: twitch.tv/burkeblack

Q: How did you come up with your Twitch name?
A: My Dad and I were walking around the Mall trying to come up with a cool Bounty Hunter name for my Star Wars Galaxies Char back in 2003, thus Burke Black was born and has been my online name ever since.

Q: What type of games do you stream?
A: Anything and everything. =D Nothing is off the table as I'm a variety streamer.

Q: What is your streaming schedule?
A: 10pm to 8am EST. I have extended my stream by a lot of hours since the day I started, which use to be from 10pm to 3am EST.

Q: Does your channel have a theme?
A: Indeed, PIRATES! I did not start my stream as Pirates, it naturally took shape. The whole thing has its roots in GTA 5 Online (The Console release) where you had to make a “Crew”. Well, they wanted to be called The Black Crew after me, and we were all about doing what you want and soon enough, people were calling themselves Burke's Pirates and I ran with it. =)

Q: When did you start streaming?

A: June 29th 2013. This is my first ever broadcast, not knowing what the heck I am doing. =P
[MEDIA=youtube]Rjf4G7E3fqM[/MEDIA]

Q: Do you stream full time or part time?

A: Full Time now officially. =D

Q: What made you decide to stream?

A: Well, a few friends of mine pushed me toward doing recorded content. I never bothered with it because I never thought I would be interesting to watch. By chance I was looking up a game and I found twitch which I thought was a MLG only website, I then noticed a lot of streams of people just playing a game and enjoying the company of the chat. So I went ahead and tried it, and fell in love with the aspect of playing live and talking to people while I did it.

Q: What did you do before streaming / or do in addition to streaming?

A: Before I started I had a game store that was a huge failure :( . Streaming was something I did because I was jobless and for the most part income-less and started to really enjoy it. Until recently, I was working with my Dad to help him with his photography business, which he is now semi retired from due to me doing twitch full time. =D

Q: What makes your channel different from everyone else’s?
A: I embrace cringe I guess, heh, best example I can give is that I lean more toward slapstick comedy. I like to be over the top, to celebrate and hype stupid things and put on a show. To me I think a lot of channels hold back, because of the fear of being labeled cringey, myself included. My channel only blew up once I ignored all that and went full steam ahead and embraced theatrics. I have sound bytes on stream people can play live, I also play games a lot of twitch channels don't even look at, the weirder the game, the more interested I am. :) I'm also actively working on setting up a good Vive VR Presentation to stream VR games more often.

Q: Where do you see yourself and your channel in a year? Five years?
A: In a year? I'm hoping to be over 100k Follows =D In 5 years? Gezz I have no idea, its almost like everything is gravy once your past 1k Active Viewers and 100k Followers.

Q: What has been your biggest challenge while streaming?

A: Getting over that inside feeling that your not good enough, or that you have to please everyone. It was not until I realized that you can be as wild as you wanna be and just cut loose that I started to make gains on twitch. Why do we as streamers ignore 20 people telling us they think we are putting on an awesome show and just hone in on the one person saying you suck? Lol I don't know why we do that, but ignore that person, and focus on the 20.

Q: Where can folks find you on social media?
A: Twitter: @0BurkeBlack0
Youtube: BurkeBlack

Q: Where are you from?
A: Indiana, the great nation of Corn! We got the best Corn in the world, grown right here in the good ol Country of Indiana, we also serve a dose of Indy Cars, and Beer Hats!

Q: Favorite game ever played:

A: Fallout 3, nothing will ever capture my wonder of leaving that vault for the first time. Also Wing Commander 3, Final Fantasy 7, Tropico, and Total War.

Q: What upcoming game are you looking forward to most? Why?
A: Civ 6, because taking over the world is a lot of fun! I can force people to work in the mines, every Tuesday can be mandatory video game day, and if anyone complains I can just nuke'em!

Q: What is your streaming / hardware set up?
A: Oh wow, its expanded a lot. I use a 2 PC set up, one to stream, and on to play the games and 4 monitors. I use a capture card like the Magewell HDMI to capture everything on the streaming pc, and push that out to OBS. Audio is the worse thing ever! For that I got a Mixer, a compressor, a voice changer, and I got me a nifty launch pad for sound clips. But by no means should anyone use all this when Just starting. Q: Tell us something about yourself that your viewers would find surprising:
A: I'm really shy! I may seem like I'm out going and crazy in stream, but outside being around every day people I can be very quiet and shy.... unnnnnntill I get to know you and feel comfortable around you. Then the shell comes off.
TheJimmyCostner

Mon Sep 05, 2016 11:35 am

This is such a good idea :D Also if anyone hasn't checked out Burke's channel, he's definitely fun to watch.
Callumdk

Mon Sep 05, 2016 11:56 am

Burke best Burke :-) , just a pitty he starts very early EU time and finishes before most people get off work , but i do enjoy him when i can :)
Ghstwlkrs

Mon Sep 05, 2016 7:45 pm

Will be checking out Burke's channel tonight. Twitch.TV so much better then local TV.
GameCypher

Mon Sep 05, 2016 10:41 pm

A very talented streamer i enjoy watching him he is very entertaining and always wind up laughing most of the time great for stress relief i can not speak highly enough about the guy check him out.
IronLion_tv

Wed Sep 07, 2016 8:56 am

One of the best streamers out there. So darn funny! :D
Ghstwlkrs

Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:29 am

I love what he does when someone follows. Great stream.
HCRonald

Fri Sep 09, 2016 11:20 am

Burke is a funny guy, and a great streamer. One of the few i can watch in the morning before work!
KurodaCloud

Mon Sep 12, 2016 4:55 pm

Burke The Pirate King of twitch :D
HCRonald

Mon Sep 12, 2016 6:03 pm

[QUOTE="KurodaCloud, post: 38054, member: 59932"]Burke The Pirate King of twitch :D [/QUOTE]
Wouldn't mind be part of his crew if he was a real pirate :D
olefox

Sat Sep 17, 2016 10:46 am

Burke is such a pleasant person to watch, had a lot of good lurking in your channel. !! GOOD SHOW SIR !
Sad0wl

Mon Sep 19, 2016 11:52 am

AND DON'T FORGET ALWAYS TAKE YOUR BOOTY!!!!!!
Sad0wl

Mon Sep 19, 2016 11:53 am

[QUOTE="Ghstwlkrs, post: 37926, member: 91562"]I love what he does when someone follows. Great stream.[/QUOTE]
i think you want to say when some one sub)
Mauro_Rosati

Mon Sep 26, 2016 3:26 am

Great streamer, indeed. :)
berghaus23

Thu Dec 01, 2016 10:32 am

Excellent streamer, these features are a grand idea, Burke's stream is great fun to be in that's for sure!