Offline Playlist Suggestions

Any new features, updates and important stuff will be posted here.
evilbunny

Mon Oct 12, 2015 11:07 am

Ever think that there isn’t enough Cohh in your day? Yes? Well… Great News! Twitch recently rolled out their offline playlist option to streamers and those of you that missed the regularly scheduled broadcast can catch up with the offline playlists.

We know this isn’t everyone’s cup of tea, so we’re hoping that YOU can give us the feedback we need to tailor these playlists. Please comment below and provide suggestions on what you would like to see.

Thank you and Good Vibes!

Note - Token Accumulation for Offline Playlists/Rebroadcasts will be the same as the Channel being "Offline."
Luna_Is_BestPrincess

Mon Oct 12, 2015 11:17 am

Definitely some Fallout playthroughs before Fallout 4.
Shakalu1990

Mon Oct 12, 2015 11:20 am

Some Witcher 3 or Dragon Age highlights ? Or just gaming highlights, what you think caught the attention of you and other people :)
Spero_Mcgee

Mon Oct 12, 2015 11:22 am

There will be an insane amount of hype when Fallout 4 is out. People will also look around streams wanting to see more Fallout 4, its for that exact reason, I feel there should be at the time when Fallout 4 is being streamed, that cohh rebroadcasts these. Also as Luna suggested before Fallout 4 starts, maybe a week of showing Fallout 1-2-3 stuff/highlights.
Penoxi

Mon Oct 12, 2015 11:35 am

Feedback for Twitch:
  • Clearly distinguish playlist broadcast from a live broadcast. Not sure if title is enough.
  • Ability to make playlist change the title to match the game being shown. (Is it already doing that?)
  • Allow viewers to opt-in/out of playlists. People like to keep their favorite stream tabs open.
  • Make clear do's and don'ts for playlists, maybe a page similar to 'How to set up your Stream'?
Suggestions for Cohh:
  • Fallout hype build-up; Fallout 1-3 playlist with Fallout 4 trailers here an there?
  • Have set days or timeslot for specific games (think TV-show marathons). Monday 05am - 07am Terraria etc.
  • Bot is already handling playlist !enters and claims, but are there any plans for playlist giveaways? (Clarification: Letting the viewer know it's a playlist and entering a giveaway is moot)
dexzar

Mon Oct 12, 2015 12:02 pm

I think it should be something more themed, as the channel is heading that way. As an example nopetober and all the previous franchine playthroughs. With that said it could be something like a week off city builders, RPGs, Shooters. Just to give some examples, with this it would be a great idea to make a schedule so everyone knows what will be played on the playlist when and how long.

This system will take a HUGE amount off work I know but I think this way you can get newer people who might not have been around for that long and give them a nice piece off past Cohh!

To get this system working the biggest part would be to have a clear schedule. Maybe even think about adding on this schedule the exact VOD so if someone were to miss that rebroadcast they can easily still go and rewatch it.

~A tip for twitch would be to make it clear for the viewer that it is a rebroadcast, maybe even add a message into the comment bar so if someone were to type something they would first see the message that it is a rebroadcast.
oh_MrBlueSky

Mon Oct 12, 2015 3:15 pm

Always add a big warning on the screen/overlay, only the Title is clearly not enough.
:cohhOld:
SanderNightsite

Mon Oct 12, 2015 4:53 pm

I think it would be better to play past broadcasts from a while ago like from 2013-2014 etc. Something OLD because most of the time new viewers haven't seen that awesome content and old viewers have simply forgot a lot. Like VODs from intel competition when Zeke and Cohh played various games together, some of the funniest stuff I have seen on twitch is from those streams :D

So my suggestion is OLD vods not new ones.
Elijahward1

Mon Oct 12, 2015 8:23 pm

I give it two thumbs up. Really Like the idea.
wallyoak

Mon Oct 12, 2015 8:42 pm

I agree with most of the comments here. It would be nice to watch some fallout 1-3 but also old stuff. Maybe Dragon Age as well.
Malta1565

Tue Oct 13, 2015 12:08 am

[QUOTE="sandernightsite, post: 29205, member: 5072"]I think it would be better to play past broadcasts from a while ago like from 2013-2014 etc. Something OLD because most of the time new viewers haven't seen that awesome content and old viewers have simply forgot a lot. Like VODs from intel competition when Zeke and Cohh played various games together, some of the funniest stuff I have seen on twitch is from those streams :D

So my suggestion is OLD vods not new ones.[/QUOTE]
This was going to be my suggestion as well. Definitely old school Cohh to showcase his rise to legend.
ItsjustLurker

Tue Oct 13, 2015 5:11 am

I agree with the people here saying some old vods and "themed" broadcasts before games like Fallout 4 etc.

But I would also suggest, if its even possible, to shorten down the intro's and outro's cause when you watch the playlist for hours those can get really long when they're at their full length (if that made any sense :P )
TheStebe

Tue Oct 13, 2015 7:51 am

Would love to see cohh's early days as a streamer so that people can see how he was before and how far he has come when he goes live
Gaaiuss

Tue Oct 13, 2015 7:53 am

Didn't twitch always had the option to view past streams ?
joblo11

Tue Oct 13, 2015 8:08 am

Would be fun if we could vote for what game we wanna watch and what time of the day/night we can watch it.(when cohh is offline)
A schedule would be a good idea.
Having predetermined days of the week with old stream and days with new one would make it easier for us to know when to go watch.
Goobzor

Tue Oct 13, 2015 10:10 am

i do not like it. it eats my internet while i leave the channel up overnight. they need to have a playlist tab connected to the channel or an opt out option.

the idea is good but the way it is setup now is not good for the cohhilition that has people leaving the channel open over night that may have internet caps. a lot of the same reasons why cohh dose not host people.

the website has a vods area, a highlights area, and a live area. they need to add a playlists area where people can choose to watch the playlists. it is already a different category on twitch now make it a different player like vods and highlights.
Kairheen

Tue Oct 13, 2015 11:28 am

I like the idea of a playlist, as it gives me something to watch if I can't find anything on, and nobody I wanna watch is streaming. Though, one note from personal experience, for some reason, if you are watching via a Roku, it claims the channel isn't live and won't load it. Granted this is feedback more for Twitch than Cohh, but then too, maybe it's just on my end.... not sure on that.
Kitachie

Tue Oct 13, 2015 12:18 pm

I love your face Cohh, but I am not in favor of having playlists. For one, they'll take extra bandwidth for those leaving the stream on.

Furthermore, ads can un-mute the stream for people leaving their machines on overnight.

If you pause the stream, It's harder to know when Cohh starts up the stream (especially if you have one monitor and are playing a game or are away from the screen). There's no steam notification for post-lunch stream, so I usually just listen for Cohh's music to notify me when he gets back.

Why not promote other streamers in the Cohhilition stream team? If people want to watch Cohh's past broadcasts, RedEyedMonster has already done a fantastic job of archiving Cohh's past broadcasts with highlights and playlists on YouTube.

It would be great if Twitch made it possible to opt out of playlist broadcasts, so if I have the channel open, it would have the offline screen be shown if a playlist is broadcasting.
nuddy0110

Tue Oct 13, 2015 12:31 pm

Sorry not a big fan of the playlist because i like to keep hes steam on all the time so i no and can watch him live. As someone that watchs all day ever day i do need to rewatch the stream. And if i miss a strem i go watch the vod.
ChimericallyYrs

Tue Oct 13, 2015 2:53 pm

I like the playlist idea, but I wish there was a way to have the playlist start out muted and stay muted unless the viewer decides to unmute. Some ads unmute automatically and it can be distracting for those of us who leave the stream on without sound. It's hard to think about educational psychology or sleep while hearing Cohh kill all the things in the background.

As for what kind of broadcasts to add to the playlist, I think it should always start out with the broadcast(s) for that day, so people can watch them with live chat even if they miss them regularly bc of work or school or something. And then after those broadcast(s), I would love to see some fallout streams or highlights, especially with fallout 4 coming out soon.