Voting Time For Cohh's Dark Souls III Run!

Any new features, updates and important stuff will be posted here.

Which build should Cohh use?

Poll ended at Thu Apr 07, 2016 9:28 pm

Maniac
42%
Maniac
27%
Maniac
12%
Maniac
19%

Total votes: 2118
nuuriell

Mon Apr 04, 2016 12:11 am

follower-alert-580x110-v2.png
Thank-you to everyone for all the excellent suggestions in our previous thread! Shogun Red has graciously gone through all your suggestions and chosen the best ones for you to vote on. Cohh's run begins on April 11th.

Shogun Red has asked me to post this for him; choose wisely!

nuu

So I have read through the excellent suggestions in the Dark Souls 3 post and have assembled a collection of builds based on those ideas. All these builds bring different play styles compared to Cohh’s XBox Warrior build. I did not include a LUCK based build because after research, LUCK based builds are trash because of very limited weapon selection, and the LUCK based bleed bonus is trash. When you all get a chance to play this game, feel free to play a LUCK build so the smart players can farm you in PVP. Huehuehuehuehuehue. So let’s get going.

“The Spartan” - Son of Zeus
Starting Class: Herald

The Spartan fights for one reason. To obtain the power promised him at his birth, the power of the Gods. All those before him will fall to his spear, will break against his shield, and will suffer the vengeance of his lightning.

Rules:
1: The Spartan believes in showing his enemies his bare chest to show them where to strike if they are brave enough. No chest armor or leg armor may be worn. EVER! He will not wear a helm until he obtains the first gift from Zeus, the Faraam Helm. http://darksouls3.wiki.fextralife.com/Faraam+Helm
2: May only use round Standard or Great shields. His goal is to obtain the second gift from Zeus, the Curse Ward Greatshield http://darksouls3.wiki.fextralife.com/Curse Ward+Greatshield
3: May not use Embers until he ascends to Demi-God by obtaining and equipping both gifts.
4: May not use Faith magic until ascending and may only use Lightning spells, Blessed Weapon, Lightning Blade and Wrath of the Gods.
5: Once ascended, all points must be put into Faith till hitting 40. Choose to ascend wisely. :)
6. One handing spears is primary weapon choice.

Stats to shoot for:
Vigor: 25 HARD CAP
Attunement: Special As Needed For Spell Slots.
Endurance: As Needed
Vitality: As Needed
Strength: 34 Minimum For Second Gift
Dexterity: As Needed To Equip New Spears
Intelligence: N/A
Faith: See Rule 5
Luck: N/A

“Forest Watcher” - Woodland Assassin

Starting Class: Mercenary

Having witnessed the spread of shadow and flame through their forest, the Shadow Cabal send their newest member to scout the source of the darkness and to stop the ember of the fire.

Rules:
1: Weapons to use are all twin weapon sets and bows.
2: Keep armor to light sets for maximum agility.
3: Embers must be collected but never used. Embers represent all that is wrong with the world and must be removed from the lands. You must obtain 100 Embers before battling the final boss, through collection of drops, discovery of treasure or through PVP.
4: All ranged weapons are permitted and even expected to be used (Not Crossbows)
5: No Shields. At all. EVER! But may be sold. :)

Stats to shoot for:
Attunement: N/A
Strength: As Needed To Equip Twin Weapons and Bows
Dexterity: Shoot for 40+ As Is Primary Damage Stat
Intelligence: N/A
Faith: N/A

“Caster” - The Force And Fire
Starting Class: Sorcerer
Child of a High Sorcerer and Witch, she journeys to the broken western world to recover the secrets of fallen gods and to tame the fire that scorches the land.

Rules:
1: Only Melee Weapons Allowed Are Dagger Class Weapons.
2: No Faith Magic, No Ranged Weapons At All (Firebombs, Throwing Knives And Such)
3: No Shields
4: Embers May Be Used
5: Only Very Cool Armor May Be Worn. Light Caster Looking Armor.

Stats to shoot for:
Vigor: 20 HARD CAP
Attunement: As Needed
Strength: 12
Dexterity: 16
Intelligence: 40+ As Is Your Primary Damage Stat
Faith: Meh

“Maniac” - The World Breaker
Starting Class: Deprived

Born Of The Anger Of Giants, Maniac Knows Only One Thing. Crush Your Enemies. Break Their Spirits. Consume Their Embers.

Rules:
1: Fist Weapons Only Once They Are Available.
2: Any Armor Is Permitted.
3: No Ranged Combat Weapons/Items EVER
4: Thats Pretty Much It.

Stats to shoot for:
Attunement: Spells Are For Nerds
Strength: ALL OF IT
Dexterity: As Needed To Use Fist Weapons
Intelligence: WORDS ARE HURT BRAIN
Faith: FAITH IN MY FISTS
Sex: YES PLEASE
Aragorn195

Mon Apr 04, 2016 3:48 am

This is THE COHHILITION!

But on a more serious note, Im gonna assume that the Spartans this is based on is the one from 300 and not the historical ones (Who were heavy infantry and was covered in bronze armor). Well even in 300 the Spartans still wore greaves which covered their shin(?). And I cant say for sure, but as far as I know there is no greaves in the game, but no leg armor what so ever? Is there none that would fit?
Orkh4nn

Mon Apr 04, 2016 6:03 am

This is madness... !

Madness ?

THIS IS SPARTAAAA !

;) ;) ;)
Renanp27

Mon Apr 04, 2016 7:10 am

FAITH IN MY FISTS, LOL
balzuran

Mon Apr 04, 2016 7:48 am

Hello. My first post in cohhilition. So... The Spartan seems good choice - can be fun, challenging (lack of armor) and rules make it even better. Really great idea for making game interesting. This my choice.

Forest watcher may be boring. Just normal build for me. Caster is second place after Spartan - if i have to choose between Forest watcher and Caster - I would like to see some magic build in action this time.

Maybe Maniac idea looks fun and crazy - it will be boringest boringdingus of kingdom boringdom. Nope.

So hey guys. Do not let Forest watcher win!
zPhmedic

Mon Apr 04, 2016 8:36 am

SPARTAN GOOOOO!!
Darkritual1117

Mon Apr 04, 2016 8:36 am

Spartan looks like a heck of a lot of fun!
Redeyedmonster

Mon Apr 04, 2016 8:39 am

[QUOTE="aragorn195, post: 33270, member: 25442"]This is THE COHHILITION!

But on a more serious note, Im gonna assume that the Spartans this is based on is the one from 300 and not the historical ones (Who were heavy infantry and was covered in bronze armor). Well even in 300 the Spartans still wore greaves which covered their shin(?). And I cant say for sure, but as far as I know there is no greaves in the game, but no leg armor what so ever? Is there none that would fit?[/QUOTE]

Not based on any Spartan. Its my build and has limitations. Nothing historical or media related. Just a build with challenges.
Zonalar

Mon Apr 04, 2016 8:42 am

I'd love to see the maniac being played. But all of them sound awesome, so im excited for them all :D
Gaploon

Mon Apr 04, 2016 8:46 am

Cohh did promis " This is THE COHHILITION!" after every boss kill sooo.... go Sparta :rolleyes:
QCFINEST

Mon Apr 04, 2016 9:15 am

Going for the Spartan build , Good luck Cohh and happy 3rd anniversary !!!

xenomogwai

Mon Apr 04, 2016 9:20 am

Well, if we are trying to sway votes then I have to try and sway people towards Maniac :D Because punching things and from what I've read/watched from other top end DS players fist weapons are more viable now than ever. Still not on par with other weapons, but good enough. And while the spartan build looks awesome, fist weapons are something more out of the ordinary! Anyway, good choices Red :)
DexxterWard

Mon Apr 04, 2016 9:34 am

Spartan absolutely looks like it would be an awesome run!
Luketiel

Mon Apr 04, 2016 9:49 am

I like Spartan but i'm worried he'll end up using the butcher blade with it and basically just make a repeat of the last run... So I vote Forest Watcher!
splater4

Mon Apr 04, 2016 10:02 am

LETS GO MANIC
N8sters

Mon Apr 04, 2016 10:08 am

Dual wielding and no embers? Let the rougues rule, forest watcher FTW
HCRonald

Mon Apr 04, 2016 10:14 am

Spartan sounds good, but without armor, a shield can be needed. Looking forward to the run.
iTopiaaa

Mon Apr 04, 2016 10:19 am

The Forest Watcher is pretty amazing due to it's dual wield.
But Spartan's backstory/in-game little achievements are so awesome and sells the class IMO.
Might try it myself once I comlete my first game!
iTopiaaa

Mon Apr 04, 2016 10:22 am

The Forest Watcher is pretty amazing due to it's dual wield.
But Spartan's backstory/in-game little achievements are so awesome and sells the class IMO.
Might try it myself once I comlete my first game!
RacerPCG

Mon Apr 04, 2016 10:28 am

#SpartanForPresident2016