Long awaited fudge review!

Feel free to post about anything here.
Ghrex

Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:53 pm

Family was in town and I was busy as all hell. But without further delay, here we go!
This will be in a similar format as the cookie review.

White chocolate, cake batter, confetti, fudge bars:
I had the recipe link somewhere, but I can't find it....

http://i.imgur.com/2hxOtFU.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/WaUtwtC.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/VUn4LLN.jpg

First Fudge Impressions: Well packaged and still fresh, just like the cookies. Came in the same ziplock baggies and all arrived in a solid state, nothing broken. Were white and colorful.

First Good Look: Well sized, square blocks of colorful white fudge. I liked the size, because fudge is usually very, very, rich. So they need to be eaten in small portions, as to not overload your taste buds. nothing is worse than getting a giant bar of fudge that you can only take 4-5 bites out of, until you have to put it back into storage. There was 9 in the pack, so there was certainly enough to share!

First Touch: I made sure to pick one up in a cool-ish area, because I didn't want it to melt all over my hands. It was nice that the fudge didn't melt due to my body temp and get my fingers all sticky. Not super heavy and it fit easily into the palm of my hand. Had no issues holding it with just 2 fingers. I want to point out, that fudge that breaks apart when you pick it up is a sign of it being old, and poorly stowed. This did not happen, so that was nice.

Omnomnom...Nomnom....Nom:  I'd like to start this out with my personal preferences with what this was made out of. I absolutely love cake batter foods. Cake batter shakes from Coldstone are godly. But I was a bit skeptical of the white chocolate, because I don't very much care for it. So I was interested on how these 2 would mesh together for me. I took a decent bite from the corner of the fudge bar. It was very soft and moist and didn't flake/crumble like the shitty fudge does. I was hit immediately with a strong, cake batter taste, mixed with some of the small crumbly confetti pieces. Yum! I was totally expecting to be hit with that hard, white chocolate taste, since it was fudge, but that never happened. It was actually very mild and maybe a bit sweeter than most white chocolate foods that I've tasted. So I think the combo was highly successful. It was definitely rich, like most fudge. You can't just gobble this down as you would a cookie. Gotta take your time. Which is why the size is so important.

End: A very good choice for people who like fudge! This is a bit harder to explain to people who have never tried cake batter foods. But if you ever stuck your finger into the batter of the birthday cake that your mom was making and liked it, this is exactly like that, but in fudge form! The cake batter flavor takes a shotgun to your tongue and fades away shortly there after, making room for a light, white chocolate taste with the little confetti pieces. I would also recommend something to drink, like a tea, much like the cookies. This is obviously a quality product, made with quality ingredients. Fudge lovers will want to get these over the cookies. The fudge will also last longer than the cookies will, as you cannot just mow them down one after another.

Thanks for reading!
Eas3

Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:56 pm

Can't wait for that 3500, Thanks for the Review Ghrex, very well done :)
acidicpure

Tue Jul 30, 2013 4:14 am

nice review, still gutted I can't get em though D:
ImTyphoon

Tue Jul 30, 2013 5:16 am

I want them so bad.
jackmboyle

Tue Jul 30, 2013 6:58 am

One of the positives of holidaying in an English seaside town are there are looooaaaadssss of home made fudge shops, I've eaten more fudge than should be humanely possible this last few days. (That and drank a lot of beer, there is a very conveniently placed pub :P )
acidicpure

Tue Jul 30, 2013 7:25 am

[quote=""Degobear"]
One of the positives of holidaying in an English seaside town are there are looooaaaadssss of home made fudge shops"]

Ah yes, I had forgot about those :p - I need to pay me a visit to one of those shops :D
GodlyVG

Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:50 pm

We are all jelly of Ghrex's cookies and fudge D:
and he's almost halfway there again...
Thanks btw :3
Credits to Eas3, for showing me this gif :3
Mika

Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:13 pm

They look sooo yummy *-*
Image Image
Steam: [x]
Infinite_DeWitt

Wed Jul 31, 2013 5:12 am

Dego, i'm jealous that you can eat that much fudge... i try to eat more than a few pieces of fudge and i just suffer from fudge overload. :/

midnightive

Fri Aug 02, 2013 2:56 am

Oh I might have to get the fudge i'm sure they'll last over seas to! :D
Infinite_DeWitt

Fri Aug 02, 2013 4:54 am

[quote=""midnightive"]
Oh I might have to get the fudge i'm sure they'll last over seas to! :D
[/quote"]

Without a doubt, i believe...

jackmboyle

Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:15 am

So, I just back from on holiday and I have a bowl assorted fudge next to me: Honeycomb, Rocky Road, Maple and Walnut, Baileys, Chilli, Malteser and Milk Chocolate :D
Infinite_DeWitt

Fri Aug 02, 2013 2:42 pm

[quote=""Degobear"]
So"]

What i got from reading this is the understanding that you wanted to share it all? ;)

jackmboyle

Fri Aug 02, 2013 3:24 pm

Nope the fudge is ALL MINE!
Infinite_DeWitt

Fri Aug 02, 2013 3:26 pm

[quote=""Degobear"]
Nope the fudge is ALL MINE!
[/quote"]

:'( i can't haz no fudge?

jackmboyle

Fri Aug 02, 2013 3:43 pm

Maybe when you get 3500 tokens :P
But, you'll have to ask Laina nicely
Eshkeemo

Fri Aug 02, 2013 4:46 pm

I can't believe i read a review on Fudge.

Now I want Fudge.
Infinite_DeWitt

Sun Aug 04, 2013 2:25 am

lol i want to keep all my tokens :P i'm not gonna need to enter in cookie giveaways because subs get those anyway :)

emotionalplague

Sun Aug 04, 2013 9:15 pm

Awesome review. I am so jealous...