ArcheAge - Cohhilition Gathering and Crafting - How You can contribute!

reivongoreheart

Thu May 01, 2014 11:33 pm

I think it was answered here...
First of all, the whole dedicated crafter attempt didn't work out as well as expected. We don't have enough of a stable gathering environment, to be able to have enough ressources for every crafter.
Rynea tried it out, but it didn't work as well as she was hoping. Of course you can be a crafter, but she is saying that you may need to advocate for yourself a bit, as people in game won't know "Give all <x> mats to Lordmatsu". It may require a broadcast every hour or so of "Hey, if anyone has wood or stone, I'm specializing in them and I need to burn the LP".
renwold

Thu May 01, 2014 11:55 pm

Rynea wrote: We have several crafters who still only have their garden and not a farm setup yet, because it takes so much lumber. Currently we prioritize getting those people to their farms, even if they don't use it themselves, just so we have more land for more trees to farm, so we have a steady supply of lumber without waiting days to build something.
Hey Rynea! I've finally gotten my big scarecrow set up and was planning to focus on reaching out to individuals who were hoping to focus on lumber but ran into this sticking point of being unable to build their own farm.

Could you reach out to me here or via PM or in game message with some of the farmless folks you have in mind? I should be seeing returns in the next day or so and want to get the ball rolling with others who also plan on putting some of their wood to guild benefit rather than purely personal gain.

This is all a trial run for launch, the kinks will get worked out thanks to everyone's efforts and next time will go even smoother :)
In-Game Character: Selice | LVL 30-40 | DPS Caster | Lumber Farmer
Lordmatsu

Fri May 02, 2014 3:00 am

reivongoreheart wrote:I think it was answered here...

Rynea tried it out, but it didn't work as well as she was hoping. Of course you can be a crafter, but she is saying that you may need to advocate for yourself a bit, as people in game won't know "Give all <x> mats to Lordmatsu". It may require a broadcast every hour or so of "Hey, if anyone has wood or stone, I'm specializing in them and I need to burn the LP".
Well I don't want people to give me resources. My vision of dedicated crafter is that if someone needed something made, I can make it :D I'll be sure to get my proficiency up myself for the majority :D
oh_MrBlueSky

Fri May 02, 2014 9:39 am

Total noob questions, i don't even have acess to alpha.

How much LB an action cost ? Like mine, farm, etc.
How is the regen, x/hour ?

Ty
:cohhOld:
Zenimer

Fri May 02, 2014 5:45 pm

splashaku wrote:Total noob questions, i don't even have acess to alpha.

How much LB an action cost ? Like mine, farm, etc.
How is the regen, x/hour ?

Ty
Everything has different costs, like planting in your farm I think some have different costs to planting, while gathering has others. making dyes cost 10 and up depends on the recipe. That goes for pretty much everything. However the good thing is, the more you use the more you gain so everyone starts out at 1000 LP if I remember right and then you use and from using you grow it's pool so I am at 1160 LP pool atm. I don't however know the cap or if there is 1. Hope this helps a bit! :)

PS - As to your question on the Regen, Hovering over the LP bar "You gain 5 Labor Points every 5 minutes regardless of connection status."
dysc_

Fri May 02, 2014 5:56 pm

Posting an update on my part. I made a new Twitch account with my in-game name for simplicity's sake. I will be swapping from LW, which i haven't worked on at all, and donating my resources to whoever has the highest LW in the guild.

I'll be swapping to alchemy and powerleveling it towards 10k for ship repairs. There's a clear lack of highly skilled alchemists across the entire servers so having one would be great.
Zenimer

Fri May 02, 2014 7:02 pm

dysc_ wrote:Posting an update on my part. I made a new Twitch account with my in-game name for simplicity's sake. I will be swapping from LW, which i haven't worked on at all, and donating my resources to whoever has the highest LW in the guild.

I'll be swapping to alchemy and powerleveling it towards 10k for ship repairs. There's a clear lack of highly skilled alchemists across the entire servers so having one would be great.
I wish you luck Dysc, I have been working on it non stop since I told Rynea I would like to be guild Alchy. A you don't make money as much as you need, and it takes forever since you need for example, 25 clover and 15 roses to make 1 dye. I am about 300. I watched Waffle just the other day hit 10k he said he spent over 250 gold that day to get, I think 200 points. So only way to power level it, would be to have major help from guild farming mats for you. I think it is unreasonable to ask for that, since it seems we don't have specific "Farmers" who could supply the massive mats we need every hour.
Archnite

Sat May 03, 2014 11:09 pm

Does it make sense to get the small scarecrow setup and then go back and do it for again for 2 alts before doing anything else, or can you not own another small scarecrow on another alt? Any idea on how much taxes is for 3 small scarecrows? That would maximize our material making ability for the guild imo.
Rynea

Sun May 04, 2014 2:26 am

Archn1te .. as for your questions:

1) Yes you can have alts make gardens too. Also all your chars are treated in a way that you can farm all of your gardens and farms with all of your characters.
2) The farms and gardens count towards your property limits on an account wide bases. if you build 1 garden with your main and 1 garden with an alt, you will have 2 properties overall, the tax will be set to this value accordingly.
3) For headstart I'd not go over 2 gardens at any point in the game, because gardens use up your property spots and increase taxes rapidly after the second one without a huge benefit really. If you plant properly, you can have two farms or a farm and a ship up by end of day 2. hanging on to more than 3 gardens doesn't make the tax worth it.
4) Your first and second garden will be 1g each, your third property has increased costs, thats 1g 80s for a garden and I think ~5g for a farm, which is 3g base for the first and second property. beyond third things get even more expensive. I'm not sure about garden but 4th property as farm is about 10g in taxes.
5) once you can get farms with your alts I would remove your old gardens. Try to get 4 or 5 properties total if youre a crafter/gatherer, with likely 4 being farms and 1 being your house.
6) I noticed that you mentioned 3 small scarecrows. You can have a total of 4 characters / server and een though i don't recommend it, you can also have 4 gardens up quickly. Problem is normally with gardens as mentioned above, you will need to get more gold to set them up. You wont have 5g just for a scarecrow garden in the beginning unless you level your main character a lot or sell something. As you likely won't have anything to sell and as people wont have a lot of gold to buy things anyways till at least day 2 and as you can achieve farms by that time, its rarely worth it to set up more than 2 scarecrow farms. They are too small for serious logging and pretty much every other material is covered by your two gardens. If you have an easy time getting gold or enough time on your hands, you can make a third garden, then I would likely setup one garden for turmeric/cotton and 2 gardens for banana trees
Rynea

Sun May 04, 2014 2:42 am

As for the Alchemy issue. Yes they take more effort, but its not that bad if you farm the items yourself or have a family to farm with. I'm not sure how your farms are setup, but maybe we can get you into a family to support you better.
You can plant about 200 plants like roses and clover on a field, both have only about 1h growing time. So if you farm a lot you can with expected drop rates of about 3 / plant easily get 300 / hour to hour and a half of each plant. If you farm 4 or 5 times per day and replant 1000 to 1500 of each plant is not unexpected.

40-50 dyes / day for a single farm. If you have 2 farms you get about 100 dyes / day, but at that point likely your LP go poof with gathering before you can make a full 100 dyes. If you are not around enough or don't enjoy the gathering and replanting, form a family and do it together with someone else.
Once you get to higher skill, it will also open up more ways and recipes to craft. You might also want to start with the seed oil which requires corn and rice both of which can be bundled, so you don't have to pluck hundreds of plants
Rynea

Sun May 04, 2014 3:10 am

As for our overall crafter setup:

I updated the main posts. We switched mostly to families as they are much much easier to manage. The biggest problems with dedicated crafters was that you cannot get to know 900 people. With so many players around they will always look around and get lost who to contact for this or that.

Families are much smaller scaled groups with a maximum of 8 characters that you can get to know and attach to rather quickly and seem to work a lot better for this situation we have, especially at the beginning. You cannot properly share farms with the whole guild, as there are too many players around who will just uproot your trees and the like. You can however do that with a family and share your ressources that way, or at least help with harvests while you are not online and your plants are ready to farm.

Also there is a family chat, so you can coordinate in a chat without having to talk to the whole guild. Overall much easier to handle from a logistics point of view.

I encourage players to build your own families and look for other like minded people to craft with. The overall idea is, if families have success and get a good setup, then the whole guild has an easier time, as we will have less people who need support and more people who actually can support others. So far this looked like it works rather well.

We currently have 3 big families going, at least 3 that I am aware of, with likely a few more I'm not aware of yet. For the beginning, theres not much to say or do. We have learned that lumber is important, discussed some ways that might be good to start out with, as I have detailed a little in my post above to Archn1te and overall i try to keep track of the big milestones to see what people might enjoy or be good at to see certain trends for the guild.
I would like to see a 4th one going and started some stones rolling down the hill, but in the end it will be for players on their own to decide if they want to join a family etc.

@Renworld, as I have learned, most players don't have their farms either because they just started recently, they were not interested, or they went off to do things that didn't help them further. For most of them, I gave them some suggestions of what to do next and that most of the time works out well and a day later they have their farm. I'd rather try to include new players into a family that has some experienced people around than handing them 100 lumber and then send them off again, because normally its lack of experience or time that got them into the situation of not having a farm in the first place and will only lead to another issue some hours later.

In some situations where I see a benefit I help out with materials, but for most players materials are not really the problem, its often how they go about it that gets them the issues in the first place.
AaizVentura

Sun May 04, 2014 10:55 am

Hi Guys,
I wrote this in Ingame-Chat several times and I will write it here once again.
Unfortunately I won't be able to log in till friday,
So I will set my farm open for guild in 2 hours from now on.
It's between Cloudgrain and Hulkflesh Ravine in Falcorth Plains.

Feel free to use it :D

PS: For the 3 Yew trees on it. You can send the Logs to me or use it for Guild purposes.

Edit: Farm is now open for Guild.
Zenimer

Sun May 04, 2014 4:40 pm

o_O Guess I was totally left out of the group or crafting circle.
Archnite

Sun May 04, 2014 5:01 pm

Rynea wrote:Archn1te .. as for your questions:

1) Yes you can have alts make gardens too. Also all your chars are treated in a way that you can farm all of your gardens and farms with all of your characters.
2) The farms and gardens count towards your property limits on an account wide bases. if you build 1 garden with your main and 1 garden with an alt, you will have 2 properties overall, the tax will be set to this value accordingly.
3) For headstart I'd not go over 2 gardens at any point in the game, because gardens use up your property spots and increase taxes rapidly after the second one without a huge benefit really. If you plant properly, you can have two farms or a farm and a ship up by end of day 2. hanging on to more than 3 gardens doesn't make the tax worth it.
4) Your first and second garden will be 1g each, your third property has increased costs, thats 1g 80s for a garden and I think ~5g for a farm, which is 3g base for the first and second property. beyond third things get even more expensive. I'm not sure about garden but 4th property as farm is about 10g in taxes.
5) once you can get farms with your alts I would remove your old gardens. Try to get 4 or 5 properties total if youre a crafter/gatherer, with likely 4 being farms and 1 being your house.
6) I noticed that you mentioned 3 small scarecrows. You can have a total of 4 characters / server and een though i don't recommend it, you can also have 4 gardens up quickly. Problem is normally with gardens as mentioned above, you will need to get more gold to set them up. You wont have 5g just for a scarecrow garden in the beginning unless you level your main character a lot or sell something. As you likely won't have anything to sell and as people wont have a lot of gold to buy things anyways till at least day 2 and as you can achieve farms by that time, its rarely worth it to set up more than 2 scarecrow farms. They are too small for serious logging and pretty much every other material is covered by your two gardens. If you have an easy time getting gold or enough time on your hands, you can make a third garden, then I would likely setup one garden for turmeric/cotton and 2 gardens for banana trees
What you think of this setup Rynea? My main makes small scarecrow garden then my 1st alt makes small scarecrow garden then my 2nd alt makes small scarecrow then my 3rd alt makes workbench from small scarecrow to support making worm for fishermen. So in the end i have 2 small scarecrow gardens with one having the workbench on the small scarecrow.
Rynea

Sun May 04, 2014 8:25 pm

Likely not worth it to have 3 gardens and a workbench. Also you don't need the workbench till much much later. Without a farm a workbench wont do you any good
renwold

Sun May 04, 2014 10:43 pm

IMO the argument for multiple small gardens is just to quickly claim property that you want to be contiguous, but it gets expensive quickly
In-Game Character: Selice | LVL 30-40 | DPS Caster | Lumber Farmer
Dishconnected

Tue May 06, 2014 10:56 am

Archn1te wrote:What you think of this setup Rynea? My main makes small scarecrow garden then my 1st alt makes small scarecrow garden then my 2nd alt makes small scarecrow then my 3rd alt makes workbench from small scarecrow to support making worm for fishermen. So in the end i have 2 small scarecrow gardens with one having the workbench on the small scarecrow.
Certainly we don't want to tell you how to play your toons - it's your world, you know?

But you have to consider the area you are working with and what you are trying to put onto your property.

Taxes scale exponentially with each property you own so ideally you want to have the biggest bang for your buck. Small gardens are going to be slow operations. Thing to consider:
  • How fast will I be able to get 3 characters to the small workbench?
  • Will those character's plots be spread out or close together?
  • Cost per 1x1 plot. The small scarecrow is 8x8, large farm 16x16, farmhouse 24x24.
I personally do not want to login to another character unless there is some useful reason for doing so and it's not going to be wasting time.
Archnite

Tue May 06, 2014 2:32 pm

Dishconnected wrote:Certainly we don't want to tell you how to play your toons - it's your world, you know?

But you have to consider the area you are working with and what you are trying to put onto your property.

Taxes scale exponentially with each property you own so ideally you want to have the biggest bang for your buck. Small gardens are going to be slow operations. Thing to consider:
  • How fast will I be able to get 3 characters to the small workbench?
  • Will those character's plots be spread out or close together?
  • Cost per 1x1 plot. The small scarecrow is 8x8, large farm 16x16, farmhouse 24x24.
I personally do not want to login to another character unless there is some useful reason for doing so and it's not going to be wasting time.
You can get the small scarecrow in 30 minutes with an alt. granted you have your main to at least level 10. Have your alt setup the second scarecrow close to your first scarecrow and get the one gold mailed from your main. Mailing 1 gold costs only 5 copper. I am only suggesting to have two scarecrows at the end. The third scarecrow is used to make the workbench which is placed on the scarecrow to save planting space. After that is done i suggest working on getting a large scarecrow to replace one small one. Then maybe start working on making a house or helping the guild castle or other guildmates.

FYI ......you can have 4 scarecrows and you only need one gold each to use them for a week before having to pay the higher taxes. You could then cut back to 2 scarecrows before taxes are due and only owe 2 gold. Another option could be to move 4 scarecrow every week before taxes are due but i have not tested this theory yet.
Onix095

Tue May 06, 2014 2:39 pm

Archn1te wrote:You can get the small scarecrow in 30 minutes with an alt. granted you have your main to at least level 10. Mail the blueprint and lumber to your main and have him setup the second scarecrow close to your first since he should have the gold and gilda star to place it if high enough level. I am only suggesting to have two scarecrows at the end. The third scarecrow is used to make the workbench which is placed on the scarecrow to save planting space. After that is done i suggest working on getting a large scarecrow to replace one small one. Then maybe start working on making a house or helping the guild castle or other guildmates.
Scarecrows cannot be mailed. (Both the small and large ones)
Archn1te wrote:FYI ......you can have 4 scarecrows and you only need one gold each to use them for a week before having to pay the higher taxes. You could then cut back to 2 scarecrows before taxes are due and only owe 2 gold. Another option could be to move 4 scarecrow every week before taxes are due but i have not tested this theory yet.
This only works once. Keep in mind that you'd have to get each alt to the Blue Salt Brotherhood questing area, do all the beginner quests, and then take the Scarecrow to wherever you decide to settle, then hop on your main to send him 1g, and hop back onto the alt to throw down the small scarecrow farm. So if you decide to try to settle in Villanelle at launch that means physically running to Villanelle with 4 characters. This whole process would probably take 45-60 minutes per alt, whereas others will be grinding hard for levels/gold OR just trying to throw up illegal farms for all the mats needed for the starting trade run quests in some of the higher level zones.
Dishconnected

Tue May 06, 2014 3:11 pm

Archn1te wrote:You can get the small scarecrow in 30 minutes with an alt. granted you have your main to at least level 10. Mail the blueprint and lumber to your main and have him setup the second scarecrow close to your first since he should have the gold and gilda star to place it if high enough level.
Like Onix said - scarecrows from quests are bound.
I am only suggesting to have two scarecrows at the end. The third scarecrow is used to make the workbench which is placed on the scarecrow to save planting space. After that is done i suggest working on getting a large scarecrow to replace one small one. Then maybe start working on making a house or helping the guild castle or other guildmates.
I'd rather put my efforts towards the 24x24 farmhouse.
FYI ......you can have 4 scarecrows and you only need one gold each to use them for a week before having to pay the higher taxes. You could then cut back to 2 scarecrows before taxes are due and only owe 2 gold.
Good point. Not worried about it. 2g in a week? You can make 30g in an hour questing.
Another option could be to move 4 scarecrow every week before taxes are due but i have not tested this theory yet.
It surely would have failed on the Alpha server because space fills up faster than you can imagine. At launch this may be a different story but that is going to completely depend upon random variables, server population, etc...

Best to secure yourself land where you want it permanently and then be done with it. For me, that will be Silent Forest. If I can manage to get my farmhouse up fast enough, that is. I think this will be possible... it irks me the farmhouse is not considered medium-sized, however. I tried to place it in the plot across the lake @ Silent Forest and couldn't.