Not quite art, but written art: A desperate war (move if it's better somewhere else)

Feel free to share your personal artwork or taste in art
The_1ndiegamer

Tue Sep 01, 2015 8:52 am

Interlude
It was a dark night and a great storm was raging outside, cracks of thunder could be heard across the forest, bolts of lightning flashed up the scene, revealing a great battle between desperate elven forces fighting for their own survival and vampires stopping for nothing to eradicate the defenders. Between the cracks of thunder commanders shouting orders and the battle cries of the defenders and attackers could be heard. Each flash of lightning revealed the full extent of the battle for mere seconds. Elven archer´s raining arrows against the vampires, more flashes revealing more details. Stone figures silently flying towards the battlements of the elven defenders, shrieking as the massive bolts of the defenders ballistae’s strike them down. The battle had raged for many days, the defenders were tired and exhausted, with only the brief respite of a few hours of light that the forest let through as the sun stood at it´s highest. Giving in would mean certain death, only way out was to fight or die.

Inside the elven stronghold the battle commanders discuss and plan a way to defeat the enemy forces. Quarreling and arguing to find a solution. The older commanders clash in their ideas of tactics and methods, none willing to realize the dire state of the battle fully. A young captain attempts to get the others attention, but it falls on deaf ears. The other commanders are to busy arguing over the lack of reinforcements and how no other clan are willing to help. The captain takes his short elven blade and strikes it into the battle map in front of them getting the other commanders attention.
- Give me twenty of our best men, equip them with the best crafted equipment we have, and I will seek to gather support from the other clans.
Another more seasoned commanders speaks
- Do not be foolish, the other clans will not help us, they turned their backs on us centuries ago. Such a venture would only weaken the defences further and the other clans will not listen to a unseasoned captain such as you.
The commander speaks again.
- How long do we have left to fight, we do not have any reinforcements, the men are tired and our food and water supplies are running short. Their forces are seemingly endless, sending wave after wave at us, for each we lose, at least one they gain. We need help, allow me what I ask, and I will bring as many reinforcements as I can.
The other commanders ask the captain to leave the room so that they may discuss. Once he leaves they close the door and the intense arguing starts again and carry on for at least half an hour. The door eventually opens and the captain is let in. The general speaks toward him.
- You may have fifteen of our best men, no more no less. We will spare what equipment we can. You leave at dawn while there is still some fleeting light.
The captain looks towards them and nods
- Very well, I will return with reinforcements in three weeks.

He then leaves the room, sends a messenger to those selected for this task, prepares his own equipment, and rests a few hours before dawn comes.
ticktock1231

Tue Sep 01, 2015 8:58 am

That is a pretty good story. I would read that book.
The_1ndiegamer

Tue Sep 01, 2015 9:23 am

Oh, thanks. This is something i put together at a bored night long ago and i just felt like writing, haven't really done more to it, but if people are interested i'll try to post a chapter when i have opportunity to.