Ps4 or XBOne?

Feel free to talk about anything and everything gaming related
Eshkeemo

Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:29 pm

I'm really torn in my decision on whether or not to get the systems, though I'm leaning more towards getting the ps4. With free to play games at release like BlackLight Retribution, the PS4 certainly seems the better choice off the bat. I'm not really a Halo fan,.

Technically, the PS4 has the same policies as the XB1, with pay to play online services for games like call of duty, which is what I would mostly play anyway, though the ps4 has better specs.

I don't plan on pre-ordering either, nor am I interested in a console war discussion, just post what you're getting, if either, and why you made that decision. I have both a ps3 and a 360, but am not looking at dropping another $1k into consoles again.
midnightive

Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:36 pm

I'd say XBOne because they were forced to do a you turn on most of the stuff while PS4 stuff has gone unnoticed so hasn't changed. But that's just my opinion. So it's up to you! Really! ^_^
Fluxuss

Tue Aug 20, 2013 3:08 pm

As we already have had this thread before, I'll just post the same answer. :) ( http://cohhilition.com/index.php?threads/next-gen.132/ )

I myself have always had a Playstation, as it was the first console I owned for myself, and because it came before the Xbox. So I just stuck with the Playstation all the way through.
These two new next-gen consoles, I am in doubt. I have no money for them, but if I had to choose which one, I would not be sure...
Before Xbox announced they would drop the rented game problem, I was sure I would pick a PS4, no doubt there. But now, I am not so sure, because Xbox seems to have alot more features when it comes to the media part. Of course it is a console that is meant to be played on... but it is still nice to be able to use it as a media center.
Though, the PS4, as far as I know, should be a tiny bit more powerful, and if you compare the two conferences they had, you could tell that Microsoft focused ALOT more on being the said media center, and not so much on gaming. And if you look at what Sony focused on, it was much more gaming...
But to be honest, I am having a really hard time deciding... you also have to keep in mind what games that are released on what consoles.

I hope the answer ain't too clumsy written. :)
acidicpure

Tue Aug 20, 2013 4:01 pm

I'd say PS4, simply because Xbox one doesn't really have any decent new IP coming it's way:
  • Halo 5 - Milking the cash cow with the same game over and over when it was suppose to end at 3 or 4?
  • Titanfall - Same developers as the Call of Duty games pretty much (Infinity Ward staff members) and they stopped making good games from 2007 onwards
  • Dead Rising 3 - Doesn't look like it's going to have as good humour as the previous games.
The only games that look interesting for Xbox One are the Quantum Break and potentially Project Spark.
ImTyphoon

Tue Aug 20, 2013 5:21 pm

I'm not buying the next-gen consoles. It's just extortion that the next-gen consoles will cost the same amount of dollars as euros. With that I like computer gaming much more except some games, but for that I have my ps3 that I can use probably for the next few years. :D
kronos316

Wed Aug 21, 2013 5:02 pm

PS4 for me
Who is John Galt?
Redkat9614

Fri Aug 23, 2013 12:48 am

This is going to be a hard decision for many. There are many pros and some cons to both consoles and in the end, the console you choose is up to you. I personally would go for the PS4 because with Playstation Plus, you get around 5 free games a month and Xbox Live only does 2. Playstation plus has been doing this since it has come out and the fact that you have to pay for online multiplayer is no real difference. The two companies are pretty much doing the same exact thing now but I believe that PS+ is like $10 cheaper than Xbox Live for a year subscription. So if you are looking at paying for online as a bad thing, just think of it this way; you are pretty much paying for 1 game a year. I have grown up with the Playstation brand and nothing else so this next choice will be an easy one for me. But in the end, this is totally your decision and all people can tell you is what they think is the best part of their console, not force you to buy them. I hope this helped and you understood what I was getting at. Please let us know what your final decision is when you make it.
CaptainSquib

Fri Aug 23, 2013 4:53 am

Scrap the consoles completely and spend the money on upgrading your PC. It is what I am going to do and I am an avid console gamer.
x12a8x

Sat Aug 24, 2013 2:01 pm

I am probably gonna end up getting both eventually, but PS4 is going to be my main console.
emotionalplague

Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:04 pm

So i just pre-ordered my PS4. I thought that I had missed the window, but luckily Walmart brought back pre-orders for launch day systems for one more day. Now its all about the wait until Nov 15.
Kaizer012

Wed Sep 18, 2013 2:15 pm

PS4 is really looking like the front runner out of the gate. Especially since XBOX has confirmed that they will be bringing back the initial policies they cut when "the gaming community is more receptive to changes in policies". Besides, PS4 has the juicier GPU and the company seems to care more about the players. (Owner of PS1,PS2, XBOX 360, and a great PC)
Zazoie

Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:43 pm

I will eventually own ps4 and x1. It just the nature of the gammer in me. Something I learned from my father growing up. =)
Madaccordion

Fri Nov 01, 2013 7:45 pm

I may get both in the future, but as far as my first purchase it will be the PS4. I forgive Microsoft after doing a 180 on all of their DRM policies, but it comes down to the games I actually want to play. Not a fan of Halo, not a fan of Gears of War, not a fan of CoD, which Xbox will probably continue to be the preferred console for it. Though an increasing number of games will be cross-platform this generation, other games like the Disgaea series, a guilty pleasure of mine, seem to remain exclusively on the Sony side. The only game that has interested me in X1 at all for now is Killer Instinct, and it's purely for my childhood nostalgia.
Yazilliclick

Wed Nov 06, 2013 5:04 pm

Currently have my pre-order for launch day PS4. That said both seem really weak and not sure I'm going to keep it as not sure it's worth the cash for me right now. Both consoles seem to have rather weak game line ups, especially for release. Beyond that a lot of the bigger games are also going to be on PC which is where I'll choose to play em.