Online games (F2P)

Feel free to talk about anything and everything gaming related
x0mni

Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:05 am

Hey everyone, well to the people checking out this post I'm still somewhat new to Cohh and the stream but have had a great time talking and hanging out here I see chatter here and there about games like some of the free too play types like the ones on Nexon. Unfortunately I had a better computer at one time and played a few online games here and there for most games like fallout and ff I go console but I've been ventureing back into the world of pc gaming and was wondering if cohh had any clans/guilds In some of the more popular free too play games along with that question I'm also looking to try out a few new games and would be asking for some suggestions if any? I've played alot of nexons games before like dfo when it was around, mabi and dragons nest, I'm currently playing spiral knights for fun and some g mod.
Dezmer

Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:24 am

As far as finding games to play - Steam free to play section is a good place to start, there's a ton of stuff like Vindictus and some of the other things you mentioned. Off the to of my head, War Thunder is an excellent f2p game as well (not on steam).

As far as clans/guilds in f2p games I suppose we still technically have the Neverwinter one but I don't know how many people are still playing that - no offense to the ones who are! Otherwise, feel free to organize something if you find a good one. The most likely place to find a cohhilition is the game Cohh is playing but I know the community (no I am not saying cohhmunity) is growing enough to feasibly have some presence in other games, I know of minecraft, chivalry, killing floor and a couple others that people play organized from the stream.
hansGamingUSA

Wed Sep 04, 2013 6:16 pm

@[USER=794]x0mni[/USER],

Personally, I've had unsatisfactory experiences with Nexon. Hopefully, you have not encountered the same. Most of the population for Nexon's games resides in Mabinogi and MapleStory from my understanding. Having played both Dragon Nest and Vindictus, the populations for these games has dwindled over time for inconsistent if even existent player support, consistent server lag with little repairs/updates to the games and the cash shop. DFO recently closed in the NA regions and sent some users to Vindictus though, but I believe Dragon Nest is less popular.

Here are some various F2P games from different genres that seem worthwhile:

MMORPGs
- AION Online
- Dungeons & Dragons: NeverWinter
- Path of Exile
- The Exiled Realm of Arborea
- Star Wars: The Old Republic

MOBAs
- League of Legends
- Defense of the Ancients 2
- SMITE

Shooters
- FireFall
- PlanetSide 2
- Team Fortress 2
- Warframe
- World of Tanks

I haven't played all of these games, but most of them I have and are worth checking out! Hope this helps!
ImTyphoon

Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:39 am

Warframe is really nice. Maybe you should put Dota 2 in the MOBAs it isn't my favorite game, but it's still a big and free MOBA.
RimedRiesling

Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:57 pm

You can add Tera: Rising to the list. It's an MMO without tab targeting, like Vindictus and Dragons Nest targeting. It's very nice looking as well and fun if you want to run around.
SPIKEFOREVER

Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:40 pm

I think cohh should try LOTRO(Lord of the Ring Online
Motox831

Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:47 pm

All of the above are really good Free to Plays. I have played at least 50 hours + on each of them except Dungeons & Dragons: NeverWinter/The Exiled Realm of Arborea/ and AION Online.
acidicpure

Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:22 am

I would avoid Star Wars: The Old Republic, You can play the storylines etc just fine but soon as you have finished your character there you can't really play much more - You can't equip decent items without having to pay money and there is just so much that they limit you from unless you pay, It's more of a free trial than an actual proper F2P game.