Game Release Failure List

Feel free to talk about anything and everything gaming related
dlibutti

Wed Sep 04, 2013 2:16 am

I got to thinking this evening, while the server maintenance is going on in FFXIV, of how many game releases have I gone through that have had considerable technical issues on release. As I ran through the list in my head, I get the sense this is just a normal occurrence these days for the more popular games.

I tried searching for a list of games who were infamous for their release issues but I couldn't locate one. So here I am wondering if we can generate a list. Feel free to add on. I'm curious how many we can come up with.
  • World of Warcraft (Early releases. The creation of queues to log in?)
  • SimCity 4 (Server Connection Issues)
  • Diablo 3 (Error 37)
  • FF XIV (Multiple Errors/Server Issues)
Others???
ImTyphoon

Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:36 am

Call of Duty: Black Ops 2
SteppehStepp

Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:42 pm

Can't forget Guild Wars 2. They also had to turn off digital copies.
TKF_CaBOoSE

Sat Sep 07, 2013 11:25 am

Really, You guys can't forget that the BIGGEST game fail of the past 14 years........

Duke Nukem
noobriott

Sat Sep 07, 2013 12:22 pm

This => THIS <= This
Bererthor

Sat Sep 07, 2013 1:49 pm

Isn't it Legend of Pegasus. It got featured on Steam even to a cheap price but wasn't even finished. A month later or more the game was thrown out of Steam and other Markets.
Turkeyz

Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:53 pm

Does citadels count? it bombed harder than anything ive seen
SmuttBudgie

Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:50 pm

If i remember Aeon had a big problem with memory leaks when things got a bit chaotic, also had a bad experiance in that game where my PC caught on fire was not fun, smelt a samll burning smell for 10 mins then a big flash and flames :( ah well it needed an upgrade.
acidicpure

Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:15 am

Whilst FFXIV may have had a few server hiccups here and there it was no where near as bad as what people are making it's launch out to be - Atleast you could play a pretty much bug free game from day one unlike games such as Guild Wars 2 where questlines were broken so you could not really continue as well as having server issues on top of that.
ImTyphoon

Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:50 pm

noobriott wrote:This => THIS <= This
I guess you haven't read the title? It's Game RELEASE Failure List. Infestation was at the alpha (and a little after launch) not a bad game.
The game is getting worse because of the devs that're doing bad.
noobriott

Fri Sep 13, 2013 10:47 am

ImTyphoon wrote:I guess you haven't read the title? It's Game RELEASE Failure List. Infestation was at the alpha (and a little after launch) not a bad game.
The game is getting worse because of the devs that're doing bad.
Infestation formerly known as THE WarZ had an awful release. You could call it an "alpha" but as a game released on Steam, it should have at least mentioned it somewhere on the Steam page, but noo... The Steam page straight up lied to you in relation to that and many other "issues", the game was full, and I do mean FULL of bugs, like models never appearing, player and NPC warping and so on.

P.S. I hope that didn't come out rude or anything, and if it did, my apologies. It's not my aim to start anything, but claiming the game was not a failiure at release rubs me the wrong way.