Elder Scrolls Online Beta

Feel free to talk about anything and everything gaming related
Caged_Freedom

Tue Nov 19, 2013 8:45 pm

Hey guys!

Around 2PM Eastern, I received my TESO Beta invite. My time to play is from Friday night until Sunday night. Is anyone else able to play then? I'm just curious. If we have Cohhilition members running around, maybe we can group up!

Let me know!

Thanks!
MechaToast

Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:42 am

I also got my beta invite. I'll likely be playing throughout the days on the weekend of, but not the opening on Friday.
Rynea

Wed Nov 20, 2013 3:33 am

Wow, seriously for that habit of game developers alone I would totally opt out of a game's beta. It must be the most annoying thing in betas that is the latest trend ..

Making all those questions and stuff to fill out, ok thats what I still understand in a way, even though interaction with the beta-testers is nearly non existant really anyways so even those infos we provide are questionable. But making beta times friday to monday and informing people like a few days ahead is just a big sad joke

Anyways, stupid beta times aside, hope you have fun in ESO!
Bronid

Wed Nov 20, 2013 7:26 am

I agree with you 100% Rynea. This was hugely frustrating during phase 1 and 2 of the FFXIV beta. What made it even worse was that the times were fixed regardless of region, meaning for me, on UK time, the game actually ran from early hours of saturday until sometime on Monday. I was actually only able to play for about 1/2 of the time the game was up unless I took the Monday off work and deprived myself of sleep :( I didnt bother with phases 3 or 4 at all because it just didnt feel worth the effort.

No TESO beta key for me yet which is just as well, as I have a lot on this weekend. Still, I'm looking forward to seeing it eventually and hope it lives upto expectations.
Caged_Freedom

Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:22 am

Mecha, it will be late Friday or early Saturday (EST) before I can log in, as well. I'll stay in touch.

Great thoughts and discussions... Beta tests can definitely be aggravating, these days.

I love beta events. I've tested many games in my days (Many MMOs, Multiplayer games, and Single player games). However, I believe the true meaning of a beta test has gone away. A majority of people just want to play a game for free/early. I'm sure that's how the developers have seen it, too. When everyone just wants to get on for freebies, it's like a constant stress test. That's helpful, but not 100% of what it use to be. Logging in with the mindset of a tester, is what I'll do. I'm still willing to bet that it won't have any objectives for testers and it's actually a growing stress test. I remember when a beta test gave us different scenarios, items, locations, and all kinds of stuff. They would list out what was required of us and let us test everything. Alpha testing is like former beta testing... In a way... Either way, I'm happy to have my shot at TESO. I'll report my likes and dislikes, if it doesn't violate anything with the TESO conditions.

:D
Polydactyl1

Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:21 pm

I received a beta key too. Not sure when I'll be playing but I will be giving it a go over the weekend. Probably not until Saturday though.

:)
Bronid

Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:57 pm

I keep getting emails with the title, Elder Scrolls Online Beta. My excitement was swiftly followed by the realisation that it was just a forum notification. :'(
KitCatBass

Wed Nov 20, 2013 4:58 pm

Caged_Freedom wrote:Hey guys!

Around 2PM Eastern, I received my TESO Beta invite. My time to play is from Friday night until Sunday night. Is anyone else able to play then? I'm just curious. If we have Cohhilition members running around, maybe we can group up!

Let me know!

Thanks!
Dude! Same! I'm so excited. Not sure if I'll be playing when my beta time starts this Friday but I'm down to network with some cohh members!
NivinyaFate

Wed Nov 20, 2013 5:47 pm

I received an ESO beta invite. I'll likely be playing a decent amount this weekend, unless I don't like the game as I'm kind of on the fence based on what I've seen so far. I'll likely be playing a Dark Elf with the same name as here/Twitch.