this is a work in progress, so treat it as such. Enjoy the info I already have in here and feel free to leave any comments about things I should add or got wrong
You're an amazing notorious bank robber. Your a Payday gang member. The police jump you like your a freshly baked Bavarian creme filled doughnut the instant there is a whiff of a crime. How do you remain infamous but not incarcerated? Check out some of the informational tips below on having a great time and getting those big paydays!
General Gameplay Info/Tips
1) This Game is Very Random
Every level has random events, spawns for key items, and even variants of the missions you play. Bank Heist, the security room, vault, cameras, where the key card is, which doors are open, all of it random. You can even have a random police raid during a drug deal! I love this feature as it makes even the same mission a little different when you play it so it has great replay value (I have put 130+ hours into beta alone and it only have 5 unique heists). because of this I want to stress one thing, there is no one right way to do a heist. There are things that work better, there are some tricks people can show you that make parts easier, but the game is about adjusting to different scenarios and exploring. Don't let more experienced players get you down with 'your doing it wrong' talk if you don't follow the 'normal way' (I'm looking at you Watchdogs...). Talk it out with them, explain why you want to do it your way and why they are doing it their way. Maybe your the first to discover a better way!
2) Communicate, communicate, COMMUNICATE!
Voice chat was included in the game for a reason people. "We're not trying to stealth/It's an action mission who needs to talk?" Well you might be changing your tune when that bulldozer caresses the back of your head with buckshot. Even if you don't have a microphone yourself, unless you cannot have voice on for some reason (i.e. streaming game play and concerned about language for your viewers) leave it enabled. Couple of specific examples to convince you:
- Marking special enemies (more on this later) has a relatively short duration and doesn't ahve any sort of indicator unless your looking at them. Also, it can be easy to miss your characters yells calling them out in the midst of a firefight
- Rats mission: when calling out materials to make the meth Bain CAN BE WRONG EVEN IF HE SOUNDS SURE (he is using random internet websites to guide you as his voice prompts sometimes indicate). Confirming with your teammates what they hear Bain say will save your bacon from being fried when the house explodes, and snag you some spare bags
- Multiple people can be doing same thing (raising someone or repairing a drill for example) and not protecting the crew from the swat team coming in the window (. Also, some perks make it more beneficial for someone to raise people, collect money, or set/repair drills (see abilities section under game mechanics for some tips!)
- Shields. That is all.
This game is meant to be played cooperatively. It can be played solo, but it really shines with other people (hopefully friends). "But nobody knows what they are doing and ruin things I don't want to play with others!" you might say. Well a couple reasons you might want to consider it:
- The AI teammates do NOT carry bags for you (Nightclub for instance you don't get escape option until ALL bags are in car and you can have from 1-4 bags)
- They cannot cable tie civilians so you have to yell at any you don't have the spare ties for (increasing your playtime and risk if your undetected). You only start with 2 and it takes precious points to spec into the 10 cable ties (mastermind tier 1 aced skill, minimum 5 skill points)
- It will ONLY give you 2 AI's even solo, you cannot have a 3 AI team
- They do not count toward the surviving crew bonus in pay screens (more alive team members more free bonus cash you get! It does NOT scale the totals if you have less teammates 2/4 or 2/2 human teammates making it out gives you same cash)
Mopst importantly remember, this is a game. If you're not enjoying yourself, then why would you keep playing? Sometimes missions go wrong, it can be unlucky, someone not paying attention, poor spawns, and general hardheadedness. Refer back to communicate, know what your team is planning. Mission just not gonna work? The party leader can just hit the escape key and choose to terminate the contract. You go back out to the menu, choose a new one. Brush it off and move on, some crews just wont be able to do some missions well with everyone's skill at the game or skill tree layout. Bank heist wont be silent if you don't have a mastermind to help with Dominator or Smooth Talker skills. If a group is really annoying you, just go look for a different room.
Basic Controls YAY! This game is being released for consoles as well as pc's so its fully controller compatible. The only downside to controller is it seems to completely lock out your keyboard and I havnt figured out a voice chat control. I definitely recommend keyboard/mouse for this game. I will be working off a 360 controller layout.
Run (toggle/hold option)|
Click Left Stick \
Click Right Stick\
Aim Down Sight (toggle/hold option)|
Toggle Weapon Gadget|
Throw Bag/Deploy Equipment|
Push to Talk|
` (~ key)|