Yoshidas Speech for Launch

Cohhilition information for our arm in Final Fantasy XIV!
acidicpure

Tue Aug 27, 2013 7:02 pm

Below is the Yoshidas Speech for Launch, for those who have not seen it already - The video is not in English but below is a translation of what he says too. Honestly I think that's kind of a good sign that they are so passionate about the release of FFXIV ARR because how often do you see developers get this emotional about a release of a game? Certainly almost never in the western market at least.

[media=youtube]-SWSMdCMyvE[/media]

Translation below: Y = YoshiP, F = Foxclon
y; This one is going to be hard for me, first off, before my message, Early Access was going on the past 3 days and for those playing on NA/EU server we had to place several maintenance which caused loss of precious play time, and since this event is being broadcasted to worldwide let me apologize, I am really sorry, our long journey is starting from here so I am hoping we will be able to recover this over those time.
y; and...
(silence)
(audience telling YoshiP ganbare “you can do it!”)

y; ummm, since I took over FFXIV it’s almost 3 years now, at the beginning, I haven’t touched the game much but was thinking we should be able to do this, and personally I love Final Fantasy and MMO
y; when I gathered all the staff to tell them that we’re going to rebuild the entire game, this was done two days before announcing to everyone on December 1st.
y; I still remember that day, it was a room like this and there was a mixer (sound) on top and Soken was there adjusting the mic I was going to speak in
y; and I won’t forget how Soken was doing the guts pose (cheering him)
y; but honestly the dev teams feeling was just as same as everyone else, they were like “can we really fix this thing up?” or “it’s going to be tough”
(silence)

y; thanks to everyones support, earlier it was in one of the questions but it’s really hard, to build a MMORPG it normally takes at least 4-5 years, we wanted to get this out as early as possible to be able to do that, we had to plan it out without rushing
y; as Wada mentioned about operating a business, your role is a Tank, just like that I tried to a be a Tank and got it to where it is now.
(earlier Wada san mentioned he had to be a tank to take in everyones comments good/bad and just defend the company * didn’t go back and fix translation so just putting this here for ppl reading this right now.)
y; And I’m not the one that made FFXIV ARR, it was thanks to all the players around the world, the core dev staff here, and all other hundreds staff that couldn’t make it here today, thanks to you all, we are here today.
y; I wasn’t going to cry since today marks a day where we take our first step for Final Fantasy XIV, we only took the first step forward
y; I really believe that we really don’t have any time to take a break, dev team and myself are already working on the future patches
y; for those players from playing from previous XIV, we had times where community members left in the middle, and I believe there were other people that has been said many things from outside, myself being a MMORPG player, I really understand how hard that is.
y; for us it was a really short 3, 2 and half year but all the players, we really made you all wait and support us this long, I believe we were able to release a Final Fantasy title that doesn’t ashame it’s name (*that right usage there?)
y; from here on out, for an MMORPG there is no such thing as “complete” we will continue to keep on going with everyone.
y; this Final Fantasy XIV is a Final Fantasy XIV which was built with everyone, so we would like to continue doing so for this Final Fantasy for 5-10 even after that
y; we would like to continue operation without forgetting this moment here, please continue to support us, thank you.

f; okay, for the end we would like everyone to be happy/laugh and wave goodbye, we will see you all again in the next Producer Letter Live or in Eorzea

f; Sayonara~ (bye)

(audience clapping)

f; That concludes the mini (extra) producer letter live for Final Fantasy XIV ARR launch event in Shibuya, Hikarie.

f; Thank you all

y; Thank you very much