Is it recommended I use Grand Company gear?

Cohhilition information for our arm in Final Fantasy XIV!
Kongaloid

Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:06 pm

I am level 29, thinking of using it until near end game when we get the sets for our classes that are "previewed" when we first start the game.
Fluxuss

Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:54 am

Grand Company gear is typically alot better, because of it being of green condition, and not just being normal. This means an increase in stats and armor/damage if you compare it to the minimum level requirement.
Though, have in mind, that you maybe rather want to save up the seals instead, and focus on getting to the maximum rank (which currently is Second Serpent/Flame/Storm Lieutenant).
You will be needing to be level 50 in order to get all the way up there, but then you will have unlocked all the possible gear from there, and you will be able to be getting some nice weapons and stuff like that.
You just have to think of the fact that the gear you buy, will be replaces in the end anyways as you advance in level, so it could be a waste if you just go and buy armor. But of course, this is all up to you. :)
Kongaloid

Tue Sep 03, 2013 1:10 am

Fluxusstv wrote:Grand Company gear is typically alot better, because of it being of green condition, and not just being normal. This means an increase in stats and armor/damage if you compare it to the minimum level requirement.
Though, have in mind, that you maybe rather want to save up the seals instead, and focus on getting to the maximum rank (which currently is Second Serpent/Flame/Storm Lieutenant).
You will be needing to be level 50 in order to get all the way up there, but then you will have unlocked all the possible gear from there, and you will be able to be getting some nice weapons and stuff like that.
You just have to think of the fact that the gear you buy, will be replaces in the end anyways as you advance in level, so it could be a waste if you just go and buy armor. But of course, this is all up to you. :)
Hehe, I figured it out all day.
I need to up my rank for the level 30 gear and save up seals, etc.
Dezmer

Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:08 am

I haven't used any white gear since early 20s (just take money on quest rewards except for jewelry). I did grind fates out for 30-35 and had enough seals to get whatever, I'd recommend getting your green weapon which is almost impossible to get from a dungeon, and fill out any other slots. But don't go crazy because the 32 dungeon gave me an immediate replacement for one of mine.

If however you don't want to do dungeons and just want to power up through fates then GC gear is the way to go.