I need help to build a pc (read desk)

thecanadiangamereh

I NEED HELP FINISHING MY COMPUTER THIS IS WHAT I HAVE SO FAR (LINK) PLEASE HELP ME FIND A(PSU, CPU COOLING, COOLING, THERMAL PASTE AND STORAGE) I ALSO HAVE SOME QUESTIONS ABOUT BUILDING A PC

1) DO I NEED TO APPLY THERMAL PASTE AFTER A CERTAIN AMOUNT OF TIME? ex. 1 YEAR

2) FOR MY GPU(IN THE LINK) DOES THAT MEAN IT IS ALWAYS SUPER CLOCKED OR THERE IS AN OPTION TO DO IT AND IF IT IS ALWAYS SUPER CLOCKED CAN I CHANGE IT TO NORMAL CLOCK SPEED?

3) IS MY PC BOTTLE NECKED SO FAR?

PC LINK
https://pcpartpicker.com/user/TheCanadi ... saved/4Edd
Ashardis

We have a stickied subject here, I've copied it down here - pls fill it out and we can help you out a LOT better in a nice way

My budget is:
I live in:
Operating system: (need or got one ? )
Monitor: (Do you need a monitor - and should the price of that be included in the budget?, if yes: what size would you want?)
Gaming resolution : (What resolution do you plan on gaming in? Single monitor, more at the same time or? 1920x1080, 2560x1440, 2560x1600, 3840x1080 or something else?)
Peripherals?: ( Need a new mouse, keyboard, headset, speakers or other gadgets? )
Will you do overclocking?: (yes/no)
What are you planning to do with the pc?: ( This might help picking parts)
thecanadiangamereh

Ashardis wrote:We have a stickied subject here, I've copied it down here - pls fill it out and we can help you out a LOT better in a nice way

My budget is:
I live in:
Monitor: (Do you need a monitor - and should the price of that be included in the budget?, if yes: what size would you want?)
Gaming resolution : (What resolution do you plan on gaming in? Single monitor, more at the same time or? 1920x1080, 2560x1440, 2560x1600, 3840x1080 or something else?)
Peripherals?: ( Need a new mouse, keyboard, headset, speakers or other gadgets? )

My budget is: 2600-2700 or 3000
I live in: Canada
Operating system: Want Windows 7 (the best version)
Monitor: A very good high res and Htz monitor I'm not shure what size though maybe between 24-28 inches(not included in budget) i also might get 2 Monitor Later(if that helps)
Gaming resolution : 1920x1080, 2560x1440 to 2560x1600 (single monitor)
Peripherals?: mouse, keyboard, speakers
Will you do overclocking?: no
What are you planning to do with the pc?: I plan on playing very high hardware based games such as DayZ on the highest setting or BattleField on Ultra settings
Notes : I have a list already on new egg but i don't have some hardware chosen out yet I think it would be easier on a 7-10 minute skype call if you can't I understand
thecanadiangamereh

Ashardis wrote:We have a stickied subject here, I've copied it down here - pls fill it out and we can help you out a LOT better in a nice way

My budget is:
I live in:
I NEED HELP FINISHING MY COMPUTER THIS IS WHAT I HAVE SO FAR (LINK) PLEASE HELP ME FIND A(PSU, CPU COOLING, COOLING, THERMAL PASTE AND STORAGE) I ALSO HAVE SOME QUESTIONS ABOUT BUILDING A PC

1) DO I NEED TO APPLY THERMAL PASTE AFTER A CERTAIN AMOUNT OF TIME? ex. 1 YEAR
2) FOR MY GPU(IN THE LINK) DOES THAT MEAN IT IS ALWAYS SUPER CLOCKED OR THERE IS AN OPTION TO DO IT AND IF IT IS ALWAYS SUPER CLOCKED CAN I CHANGE IT TO NORMAL CLOCK SPEED?

3) IS MY PC BOTTLE NECKED SO FAR?

PC LINK
https://pcpartpicker.com/user/TheCanadi ... saved/4Edd
Ikarit

First things first... your poor Caps button... and you completely ignored Ashardis. For the next time please take that serious or nobody will be wanting to help you.
So. With that said here's my opinion:
1) psu: Corsair tx750
has big room to upgrade in the future and it's produced by seasonic.
2) cpu cooling: Corsair H110
Very good cooler for all kinds of cpus. Possibility of upgrading to any current Socket in the future.
3) Thermal paste: AC MX-2
DO NOT try to apply the cooler without any kind of thermal compound. It'll burn your CPU. You just need to use a tiny bit of compound. That 3g package lasts for est. 8-10 CPU changes.
It could be that on the corsair h110 is already a thermal paste preapplied. DO NOT wipe that off and apply something else. It works just fine with that. Getting a thermal paste isn't a bad idea because you are prepared for any upgrades and / or replacements in the future. For my build I replace the thermal compound every 2 years. (clean it off with a bit of isopropyl alcohol and reapply the compound)
4) Storage: Crucial M550 128GB SSD
for your OS and often used programms
and: WD Black 1 TB
for your data.

Now to your Question n°2:
with a core clock of 980 mhz the gpu is overclocked out of the box. It isn't recommended to turn it down to normal clock speed because you get a full gurantee that this card will work with the 980 mhz just fine. Just run it as it is and everything is fine.
And to your Question n°3:
The chance that your CPU will bottleneck your GPU is relativly low.
If you have further Questions ask them below but please mind caps.
Ikarit
thecanadiangamereh

Ikarit wrote:First things first... your poor Caps button... and you completely ignored Ashardis. For the next time please take that serious or nobody will be wanting to help you.
Very good cooler for all kinds of cpus. Possibility of upgrading to any current Socket in the future.
DO NOT try to apply the cooler without any kind of thermal compound. It'll burn your CPU. You just need to use a tiny bit of compound. That 3g package lasts for est. 8-10 CPU changes.
It could be that on the corsair h110 is already a thermal paste preapplied. DO NOT wipe that off and apply something else. It works just fine with that. Getting a thermal paste isn't a bad idea because you are prepared for any upgrades and / or replacements in the future. For my build I replace the thermal compound every 2 years. (clean it off with a bit of isopropyl alcohol and reapply the compound)
for your data.

with a core clock of 980 mhz the gpu is overclocked out of the box. It isn't recommended to turn it down to normal clock speed because you get a full gurantee that this card will work with the 980 mhz just fine. Just run it as it is and everything is fine.
Ikarit
i actually did do what ashardis said but i didn't need a full computer build so i deleted it and put that comment there ;)
Ikarit

Oh didn't see you edited the Post ;) nvm hope i could help you :)
thecanadiangamereh

Ikarit wrote:Oh didn't see you edited the Post ;) nvm hope i could help you :)
i also have 1 more question is it necessary to have a sound card in your pc what is the purpose of it? I'm going to have a mic with a 7.1 sound thingie :P and later on some speakers(if that helps)
Ashardis

most modern motherboards have a soundboard on them, so no.

The mic with 7.1 - is that a Headset? If so, that either will be an entire sounddevice in itself (output to headphones, input via mic) if it's USB
Ikarit

the asus motherboard you selected has a soundcard (more precise: a soundchip) built in it ;) so it has analog 7.1 output for your speakers. (the 6 round thingies where you can plug a normal headphone in) You can hook pretty much any kind of speakers on that, for a normal living person that isn't into pro-hifi is that just fine :) . Your 2.1 or stereo speakers should be plugged in the green outlined port of these 6.
You mean a headset don't you? :) The headsets with 7.1 audio are normally supported by a external soundcard (in-cord) like the razer megalodon. You don't have to worry about nothing just plug it into your usb port and you're good to go.
Damn Ashardis was quicker :D
thecanadiangamereh

Ashardis wrote:most modern motherboards have a soundboard on them, so no.

The mic with 7.1 - is that a Headset? If so, that either will be an entire sounddevice in itself (output to headphones, input via mic) if it's USB
Thank you for helping me build my pc
thecanadiangamereh

Ikarit wrote:the asus motherboard you selected has a soundcard (more precise: a soundchip) built in it ;) so it has analog 7.1 output for your speakers. (the 6 round thingies where you can plug a normal headphone in) You can hook pretty much any kind of speakers on that, for a normal living person that isn't into pro-hifi is that just fine :) . Your 2.1 or stereo speakers should be plugged in the green outlined port of these 6.
You mean a headset don't you? :) The headsets with 7.1 audio are normally supported by a external soundcard (in-cord) like the razer megalodon. You don't have to worry about nothing just plug it into your usb port and you're good to go.
Damn Ashardis was quicker :D
Thank you for helping me build my pc
thecanadiangamereh

Ikarit wrote:First things first... your poor Caps button... and you completely ignored Ashardis. For the next time please take that serious or nobody will be wanting to help you.
for your data.

Ikarit
what do you mean by the cpu cooler has big room to upgrade in the future?
Ikarit

the h110 comes with sockets for
Am2, am3, fm1, fm2
and for the intel side
sockets 1150, 1155, 1156, 1366 and 2011,
so if you decide to upgrade your motherboard and cpu in the future you are good to go with those ;)
ofc in 5 years there could be more sockets than these but it's a big roundup of almost every current socket that is available atm both amd and intel side. If one cooler is the best for upgrades in the future than it's the h110 on my oppinion.
But you have to be carefull, the h110 comes with a 280mm radiator so make sure you have that room in your case. If you haven't enough room there is the h100i that comes with the same sockets and pretty much the same specs but with a 240 mm radiator.
I would stick with the h110 when you got the room because a bigger surface area (bigger fans) means better cooling means lower noise in general. :)
Ikarit
thecanadiangamereh

Ikarit wrote:the h110 comes with sockets for
Am2, am3, fm1, fm2
and for the intel side
sockets 1150, 1155, 1156, 1366 and 2011,
so if you decide to upgrade your motherboard and cpu in the future you are good to go with those ;)
ofc in 5 years there could be more sockets than these but it's a big roundup of almost every current socket that is available atm both amd and intel side. If one cooler is the best for upgrades in the future than it's the h110 on my oppinion.
But you have to be carefull, the h110 comes with a 280mm radiator so make sure you have that room in your case. If you haven't enough room there is the h100i that comes with the same sockets and pretty much the same specs but with a 240 mm radiator.
I would stick with the h110 when you got the room because a bigger surface area (bigger fans) means better cooling means lower noise in general. :)
Ikarit
Oh crap did i say cpu cooler XD sorry what i really meant to say was the cooling (sorry for all that typing but thank you very much anyways)