First time Green Screen

McDerp1712

Sat Dec 31, 2016 7:22 am

Hello fellow brothers and sisters!

I am a new streamer and I have been looking forward to going from normal camera to green screen capture.
The only thing is, I have no idea where to start! I've been trying back and forth online to find solutions or tips, but nothing seems to assist my situation.

I am in a small room with not a lot of space behind my chair, maximum of 20 centimeters from the back of the stair, which means less for the wheels. So I was looking into getting some fabric with some bars on the bottom, which could get hung up in the room. The bars to make sure it stays straigth.

I have a window on my right, where I can shut out most of the light.

Not looking for more than 100-150 dollars MAX in pricing, but understand that it can be done cheaper.

I really hope for some assistance, since I am really not getting anywhere. Thank you <3

//Patrick / McDerp1712
AvanCade

Sat Jan 07, 2017 9:30 pm

Perhaps this reply is a bit late but as far as I know it has everything to do with lighting. You need to be lighted properly and you can't drop a shadow on your green screen as that would break it's function. So you'll have to properly light the green screen itself as well.

I had the same question a few months ago and Google provided me with quite a few general how-to-stream topics where this was covered.

Good luck!
theGrimnir

Mon Jan 30, 2017 6:38 pm

just to add a couple cents to this;
My greenscreen was less than 10 bucks. I bought a green fabric at walmart and tacked it to my wall. I use the standard ceiling light in my room and sit in a corner. it works fine however, if you want light focused on the screen they sell small spotlights for around 7 bucks at walmart as well. I bought 2 and clamped them to each side of my gaming monitor.
I have to go as cheap as possible when it comes to streaming gear due to finances so this worked for me.
another option if its available to you is green interior flat paint, it doesn't get the glare from the light and you can paint where ever you want.