help me build a pc if you can comment what i should add/change *FIXED LINK*

Ashardis

Tue Mar 18, 2014 5:56 pm

Your link is broken for ppl without a newegg login! Pls fix!
What's your total budget?
Do you need a monitor/mouse/keyboard/headset/OS?
What is it going to be run with - 1 Monitor @ 1920x1080 (FullHD) or another setup (multple monitors, perhaps combined)?
pdxmozzarella

Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:19 am

Can't view your WishList. If you wanna post your items or a working link I'll be happy to give some advice.
thecanadiangamereh

Wed Mar 19, 2014 7:17 pm

fixed
thecanadiangamereh

Wed Mar 19, 2014 7:18 pm

fixed
pdxmozzarella

Wed Mar 19, 2014 7:49 pm

Whew okay there's a lot missing here so I'm gonna start off with specific parts if you don't mind.
GPU - As far as GPUs go, make sure that you do your research on both price and reviews of other customers. If you want a GTX 780 TI Superclocked that's fine and dandy but frankly I bet you would be just as well off if you got the GTX 780 Superclocked or even just drop the Superclock and go with a GTX 780. I'm rocking 2 x 770s and they cost less than one of those superclock and they would probably outperform it as well. SLI/Xfire should be your endgame with GPUs so if you want to spend big for 1 you're gonna end up spending big for the SLI/Xfire.
PSU - The Power Supply that you are thinking of getting isn't going to be fully utilized nor will it really be necessary with the build you have. With what you are building I would suggest something more in the ballpark of 800W and even that may be a little much. 850W if you're looking for something that will last you a while.
RAM - Corsair Vengence is good (I rock 16Gb Corsair Vengence), Dominator tends to be better but beings I don't know what Mobo you have and if it can handle faster RAM then I can't really help ya out on this. If you can find 2133 or 2400 that fit your mobo then may as well in my opinion. I bought 16Gb of 2133 for around the same price that you're buying 1600.
CPU - This is grossly overpriced, once again though I can't really advice on anything because I don't know what your motherboard choice is. Personally I like to go with AMD products. There is a AMD FX-9370 4.4 Ghz 8 Core out there and it's only like... $235. Pretty much you're overspending on this by 3x the amount and getting a slower chip.
HDD or SSD - If you want space go with a HDD and preferably (WD Black) if you want speed (WD Red) if you wouldn't mind changing the speed (WD Green/Blue) if you want economy. SSD is damn near a requirement for every gamers computer. It's about $1 per GB so depending on how much you want to spend on SSD for your OS and games, that's how much space you will have.

Feel free to ask more questions. I feel like I didn't even scratch the surface when it comes to helping with this build.
pdxmozzarella

Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:20 pm

I've put together a computer to base your decisions off of. THIS IS NOT FULLY RESEARCHED. I basically went around and picked out items that are better than yours but at a fraction of the cost or better priced for product. If this were my computer I would go around and read reviews on the items and if there are any huge discrepancies then I would change the part out with something better or suggested by other customers.
Hopefully this link goes through. This would provide you with the parts but not the case or fans.
https://secure.newegg.com/WishList/MySa ... D=24625705
thecanadiangamereh

Sun Mar 23, 2014 1:18 pm

pdxmozzarella wrote:I've put together a computer to base your decisions off of. THIS IS NOT FULLY RESEARCHED. I basically went around and picked out items that are better than yours but at a fraction of the cost or better priced for product. If this were my computer I would go around and read reviews on the items and if there are any huge discrepancies then I would change the part out with something better or suggested by other customers.
Hopefully this link goes through. This would provide you with the parts but not the case or fans.
https://secure.newegg.com/WishList/MySa ... D=24625705