Building a new pc

mrteaspoon

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6814127769 i am thinking about getting this and i have a quad core processor 2.7 ghz should i upgrade that?
Ikarit

yeah go ahead sure. BUT. It really depends on what settings you're playing. A 2.7 ghz cpu, even if it's a quad core CAN possibly bottleneck your graphicscard. It COULD also be that it rolls just fine, because you're not stressing that cpu with any settings but that depends on the game you're playing.
On my opinion you should upgrade because you can test if your cpu is the bottleneck for your gpu simply by looking on the % it uses while you're in game. (gpu-z is a good tool to measure gpu-stress) Nearly 100% cpu stress while the Gpu is under 30% stress is a clear indication for a CPU-bottleneck. Then you can buy a better cpu to get more out of your card and the games you're playing, but you don't have to.
Happy upgrading :) , Ikarit
mrteaspoon

thanks for the reply, the only problem i am having now is i dont know what cpu socket is on my motherboard
Kunguru

If you download CPU-Z and click on the mainboard tab. It will also give you the model number, so you can search to get more details.
mrteaspoon

Thanks a lot guys I appreciate the help immensely
Chetty82

What kind of CPU are you using right now?