Wish me Luck! and asking for advice.

Feel free to post about anything here.
Fireside_Stories

Thu Jan 05, 2017 7:11 pm

Well it looks like I didn't get any of the jobs I interviewed for at the end of last year. There is still a chance someone will call but it isn't looking good. (and before anyone suggests that I start calling people back I've already done that and gotten the "we're still in the interviewing and decision making process" line)

That being said I've decided to keep busy by trying to stream in the mornings while I spend my afternoons filling out job applications.

I'm currently looking for advice on things like what bots and programs to use. I'm using OBS classic and Nightbot and Revlo. I'm also always open for any advice regarding things like camera and microphone setup. I've read what I can and think I have things set up well enough for starting out but I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask for advice anyways. Also my microphone seems to be really quiet... if I plug it directly into my sound-card I get this awful background hissing whenever I record using it and I imagine it would do the same when I broadcast. I can get rid of the hissing by using a USB adapter that came with the microphone but it makes everything really quiet. I have the mic all the way up in OBS and system sound capture set all the way down to just one bar (not sure what the % is though since it's just a series of bars) It works but anyone watching my stream has to turn their sound way up to hear it. I imagine that what I really need to do is buy a better microphone but I was wondering if anyone knows a few tricks I could try that wouldn't cost me any money... Like I said money is really tight right now.

Also does anyone have any advice for dealing with voice fatigue? I woke up with the worst sore throat this morning and I've only been streaming about 3 hours a day so-far and I'd like to work my way up to 6 hour streams. I've got some Throat Comfort Yogi (herbal supplement) tea which seems to be working wonders but money is a bit tight right now and I'd appreciate any advice that can help me not rely on it.

After saying all of that I suppose I should post a link to my channel so that people can check it out

https://www.twitch.tv/fireside_stories

I've been working on the design for the channel and messing around with the the info under the channel. I also have a pol going under then channel letting people pick what game trilogy I'm going to binge stream this spring. I'm looking for advice and critiques for all of that stuff too. I've had a blast setting it all up but I have no idea if I'm any good at it... I'm happy with it though at least for just starting out.

Well I could go on for pages talking about ideas I've had for my stream and asking for specific bits of advice but I'll cut this already long post short before it become even more of a TLDR post.

Anyways; wish me luck, either in finding a job or my stream taking off!

Gregory
from
Fireside_Stories