A thread where we can post travel tips, suggest destinations, and anything else that may come in useful to future-Cohh - or anyone else, for that matter - should they ever seriously plan to visit Japan.
I'm creating this because I've lived in Japan for over 2 years and have a few tips & tricks (that I wish I'd known before coming here) that I'd like to write down and share while they're still fresh in my memory. And I'll do my best to keep the list below updated with anything added in the comments, but try to keep them specific, such as:
Feel free to create CTG's for other countries too, if there are any you are passionate about and think Cohh or others in the Cohhilition would enjoy.
- A useful smartphone app or travel tool
- A fun or interesting destination - link to the location in google maps or it's associated site for bonus points
- A kind of food to try and where to find it
- A unique experience or activity you'd recommend
- Anything else you can think of~
Ok, let's get this show on the road! Japan Travel Tips below~
- Planning on going to a "themed cafe", the Ghibli Museum, or any other special event?
Check online to see if they require a reservation or tickets bought in advance.
- Get Google Translate for your phone and download Japanese for offline use - translate signs quickly using your phone's camera!
- Japan is a cash society, very few places accept debit/credit - either order some Japanese yen to bring with you, or verify your debit card will work at a 7-11 ATM, let your bank know, and withdraw what you need after you arrive.
- WIP, will add more later...
Last updated 1/5/19