Final Fantasy XIV A Realm Reborn Guides and Tips

Cohhilition information for our arm in Final Fantasy XIV!
Rowdrik

Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:12 pm

You have questions about the game? Be it classes related, dungeons, quests, FATE, crafting, etc., well this is the place where you will find all that. To clarify, what I’m going to write now is my knowledge until this point, not knowledge about the whole game with everything that your little heart desires, to get to that point I will have to experience everything that the game offer which will take some time.

So let’s get right to it.

The first most asked question that I see is „How can I level up fast in the game?”. There are five major ways to do this:

· FATE grinding

· Completing Dungeons

· Doing Quests

· Completing your Hunting Log

· Going around killing everything (slowest and most boring way :S)

First of all we have the FATE grinding which is currently the fastest way to get to level 50 because it can give you fantastic amounts of experience and they are very fast to complete. Keep in mind that if your level is lower than the requirement of the FATE, you will probably not get much experience because you won’t contribute much to the fight. Here are some of the best areas where you can get FATES:

· 1-12: Horizon in Western Thanalan (Thanalan)

· 13-20: Aleport in Western La Noscea (La Noscea)

· 21-30: Quarrymill in South Shroud (Black Shroud)

· 28-34: Wineport/Costa Del Sol in Eastern La Noscea (La Noscea)

· 30-38: Dragonhead in Coerthas Central Highlands (Coerthas)

· 38-42: Revenant’s Toll in Mor Dhona

· 42-50: Ceruleum Processing Plant in Northern Thanalan (Thanalan)

Downsides of FATE grinding:

The mayor downside that I see in the FATE grinding is that you don’t get equipment by completing them, thing that will make it more difficult at later levels if you continue to do this when monsters will hit you harder because of low armor for example.

Second coming we have, completing Dungeons. These are the most entertaining ways to get experience even though they won’t offer as much experience as grinding FATES, but in compensation they reward you with spectacular equipment that is always welcomed. The current dungeons are:

· Sastasha in Western La Noscea.

· Tam-Tara Deepcroft in Central Shroud.

· Copperbell Mines in Western Thanalan.

· Halatali in Eastern Thanalan.

· Haukke Manor in Center Shroud.

· Brayflox’s Longstop in Eastern La Noscea.

· The Sunken Temple of Qarn in Southern Thanalan.

· Cutter’s Cry in Central Thanalan.

· The Stone Vigil in Coerthas Central Highlands.

· Dzemael Darkhold in Coerthas Central Highlands.

· Aurum Vale in Coerthas Cental Highlands.

· Amdapor Keep in South Shroud.

· Castrum Meridianum in Mor Dhona.

· The Praetrium in Mor Dhona.

· The Wanderer’s Palace in Upper La Noscea.

Sastasha is unlocked via doing the Main Quest, the maximum party size is 4 people and the level range is from 15 to 18.

Tam-Tara Deepcroft is unlocked via doing the Main Quest, the maximum party size is 4 people and the level range is from 16 to 19.

Copperbell Mines is unlocked via the Main Quest, the maximum party size is 4 people and the level range is from 17 to 20.

Halatali is unlocked via the NPC Nedrik Ironheart in Vesper Bay, Western Thanalan, the maximum party size is 4 people and the level range is from 20 to 23.

Haukke Manor is unlocked via the Main Quest, the maximum part size is 4 people and the level range is from 26 to 29.

Brayflox’s Longstop is unlocked via the Main Quest, the maximum party size is 4 people and the level range is between 29 and 32.

The Sunken Temple of Qarn is unlocked via the NPC Nedrick Ironheart in Vesper Bay, Western Thanalan, the maximum party size is 4 people and the level range is from 32 to 35.

Cutter’s Cry is unlocked via NPC Sibold in the Ul’Dah Market Ward area, the maximum party size is 4 people and the level range is from 35 to 38.

The Stone Vigil is unlocked via the Main Quest, the maximum party size is 4 people and the level range is from 41 to 43.

Dzemael Darkhold is unlocked via the Grand Company quest line, the maximum party size is 4 people and the level range is from 41 to 44.

Aurum Vale is unlocked via NPC Nedrick Ironheart in Vesper Bay, Western Thanalan, the maximum party size is 4 people and the level range is from 47 to 49.

Amdapor Keep is unlocked after clearing Aurum Vale, speak to NPC Nedrick Ironheart in Vesper Bay, Western Thanalanand he will give a quest leading to a quest given by the Grand Companies for Amdapor Keep, the maximum party size is 4 people and the level range is from 47 to 49.

Castrum Meridianum is unlocked via the Main Quest, the maximum party size is 8 people and the level range is from 49 to 50.

The Praetorium is unlocked via the Main Quest, the maximum party size is 8 people and the level range is from 49 to 50.

The Wanderer’s Palace is unlocked via NPC Allene in Vesper Bay, Western Thanalan, the maximum party size is 4 people and you have to be level 50.

At the same time, after you complete The Praetorium, you will gain the hard versions of the primals Ifrit (in The Bowl of Embers), Garuda (in The Howling Eye) and Titan (in The Naval).

Ifrit is unlocked with a quest in Walking Sands after you complete The Praetorium, the raid party size is of 8 people and you have to be level 50.

Garuda is unlocked with a quest in Walking Sands after you defeat Ifrit, the raid party size is of 8 people and you have to be level 50.

Titan is unlocked with a quest in Walking Sands after you defeat Garuda, the raid party size is of 8 people and you have to be level 50.

NOTE: The Grand Company - Grand Companies are factions associated with the 3 different starting areas. There are 3 Grand Companies one for each starting area. Later in the game you can join one of the Grand Companies and earn points (seals) to buy unique items from your Grand Company.

Now we move to Quests. I really haven’t done so many of them, because I’m saving them for my second job (yes, one you do a quest you can’t do it again so don’t complete all with one job if you plan on unlocking the others or just another one), but what I can tell you is that they give high amounts of experience AND equipment, good equipment. The only quest that I think you can complete with your first job and won’t impact the others is the Main Quest because it will unlock new instances and dungeons where you can get FATES and dungeon equipment.

The Hunting Log is one very beautiful creation. Basically you have a set of monsters that you have to kill a given number of (normally a number between 1 and 4) and after you completed one chapter, you get huge amounts of experience. There are currently 5 Ranks and 10 Chapters in each of them (some chapters may require you to kill more than one type of creature). After you complete the 10 chapters of a given rank, you will get a huge amount of experience on early levels which is perfect for early leveling. It’s important to know that ranks have level requirement to access them and that each class has a different Hunting Log so if you completed the Arcanist Log, you will have a complete new one for the Marauder for example. The targets of your Hunting Log will have a special yellow icon on the top of their names to facilitate the recognition and when you kill a target, in the chat will appear a message that says that you have killed the mob and also how many are left to kill. To know where each mob is, open your Hunting Log and mouse over the picture of the mod you are looking for.

Lastly is running around killing mobs, which I pretty sure think all of you guys understand what it refers to.

Soon I will post more information about leveling and other stuff related to the game that may be of your interest.
thecutestfaye

Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:18 pm

I found this pretty good materia information thread. http://www.ffxivinfo.com/materia/guide.php
jackmboyle

Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:38 am

Great work and high effort post :)
IBlackiceI

Sun Sep 01, 2013 1:06 pm

Very nice, this was helpful :D
Rowdrik

Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:43 am

Hey guys, today I'll talk about some good spots for FATE farming that I checked these past days.
he first is recommended to use from level 22 all the way to level 32. The FATEs offer a good amount of experience and there are three in particular that can reach over 13k exp. The place is South Shroud located in The Black Shroud. The best way to ensure that you get the most out of this is to set your Home to Quarrymill because early levels its most likely that you will die.
The first places that I'll mention are the ones that don't give so much exp. These places are:
  • Area beneath Quarrymill: there will be two FATEs spawning there.
  • The small passage that lets you travel from the North Eastern part of the map to the North Western part.
  • The area with water around Goblin's Meet.
  • At No Man's Hovel.
  • At Buscarrons's Druthers.
Now for the places with FATEs that will give you tons of experience when you complete them :
  • Redbelly Hive.
  • Takers' Rot: there will be a chain FATE here with the first one requiring you to collect some object in the area and the following one that requires you to kill a mini-boss.
  • To the left of Issom Har there is a passage that lead to a small round like area where a mini-boss spawns. This FATE is quite rare (I've only seen it three times).
[ATTACH=full]200[/ATTACH]

The second place is in Eastern Thanalan, REMEMBER to set your Home to Camp Drybone in case you die during a FATE. I recommend this place fro those who want to reach level 22 from level 16. These FATEs are good for leveling because they offer a good amount of experience and there are plenty to be found in the area but between them there is one in particular that gives a jackpot of experience.
The FATEs will spawn at:
  • Drybone, near a small oasis.
  • Near the entrance of the Invisible City.
  • In the Amalj'aa Encampment.
  • Near the entrance to Central Thanalan.
  • In the Royal Allagan Sunway, there is a small portion of water on the left edge of the map.
  • In Wellwick Wood in a large area.
  • At the end of Yugr'am River (Towards the Burgundy Falls).
The event that is composed of three Acts begins in Highbridge with the first two Acts being raids of monsters while the third Act is close to Highbridge where you will raid the monsters camp and kill a mini-boss. If done correctly, this chain FATE will give you 20,000 experience.
[ATTACH=full]201[/ATTACH]

NOTE: VERY IMPORTANT
, to get the most out of FATE farming its recommended that you get yourself a mount. The easiest way to get one is by following your Main Story Quests until the point in which you will get the chance to join one of the three Grand Companies. Once done, you will get a quest, My Little Chocobo, from one of the agent (I think that's what they are called) to get a Chocobo. To get the Chocobo you have to acquire 2,000 company seals. To get the seals you can do four different things:
  1. FATE farming: the amount of seals you receive depends on the FATE level and how much you contributed to completing it. Not very fast because it takes time for FATE to spawn but offers good amount of exp on the side.
  2. Grand Company Hunting Log: after joining a Grand Company, you will unlock a special Hunting Log that unlike yours that gives you exp, gives you seals. Haven't really tried it yet but I heard that its a very good way to get seals.
  3. Grand Company Levequests: you will get special levequests from the Grand Company agents. This is the way I got my seals, went to Camp Drybone in Eastern Thanalan and did the levequests there. It took me around 30 minutes so I don't know if its the best way to get 2,000 seals.
  4. Grand Company Delivery Missions: these are missions where you submit crafted items to earn exp and seals. Haven't tried it because my crafting levels are quite low but I heard that people with high crafting levels can reach 10k seals in 10 to 15 minutes.
After you get your 2,000 seals, purchase a Chocobo Issuance from your Grand Company Quartermaster located in each of the three major cities, then present the Chocobo Issuance to the stablemaster at the Chocobo Stable located in the city of your allegiance and receive a Chocobo Whistle. The only thing left is opening your inventory, using your Chocobo Whistle and naming your new friend. After that just click on its summon icon that you will be able to put into your hotbar from your Mounts selection.
Attachments
pcbuild.png
Rowdrik

Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:33 am

Sorry I wrote something wrong. The FATE that begins in Yugr'am River, does in fact begin on the edge that is in Burgundy Falls, the place that i circled in light blue is where the last part of the 3 Act FATE is, where you kill the mini-boss. Sorry again for the misunderstanding.
acidicpure

Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:34 am

In regards to Fate farming/leveling: Always make sure to keep your Main story quest and Class quests up to date - Don't just do Fate grinding 24/7 and do dungeons too - Your future party will thank you later as there's nothing worse than someone who powerleveled their first class/character all the way to end game and then has no idea how to actually play it.
IBlackiceI

Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:56 pm

This is very nice, im gonna try it out
Rowdrik

Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:35 pm

For those of you interested in knowing more about crafting, this is an excellent link: http://ffxiv.gamerescape.com/wiki/Guide ... _Qinsakura
RimedRiesling

Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:42 pm

Here's a Guide for the end game Relic Weapon and the requirements, be warned it's a LONG quest:

http://cohhilition.com/index.php?thread ... line.2950/
Rowdrik

Tue Sep 03, 2013 5:37 pm

If you want to know how to make your endgame Epic weapon, here is a good guide: http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/thre ... alkthrough
(it is quite long)
Kasakuie

Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:17 pm

For a little extra help finding those pesky hunting log mobs i found http://xivdb.com/ to be a big help. You can either search for the mob directly or go to the game tab and scroll to hunting log then select the log in which your trying to complete.
simplykevn

Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:12 am

Found this post on the lodestone forums ... Pretty nice read for anyone wanting to start doing end-game stuff...

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/thre ... -%28WIP%29
Krinne

Fri Sep 06, 2013 5:42 am

http://ffxiv.gamerescape.com/wiki/Categ ... ario_Quest
This is for if anyone loses their way on the Main Scenario quest. It shows each quest from each starting town in a progressive path.
MsYutai

Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:46 pm

Suggestion: Sticky with links to all the different guides listed here!

Cross-class skills chart:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... CSkE#gid=0

A text list (harder to understand):
https://pay.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments ... overs_and/
Xjinzzz

Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:02 am

Hey guys,

so I am watching Cohh for a time now and I thought I should do something back for him and the Cohhmunity!

Important : If you find any good guides yourself just post them below and I will add them to this list!

Here is a list of guides all related to FFXVI!

final fantasy xiv leveling guide for beginners which also explains certain basic stuff
http://ffxivmasters.com/ffxiv-a-realm-r ... ing-guide/

Really good guide containing all the zone's best FATE spots and level ranges according to the zones

http://eorzeareborn.com/fates/

Complete and nice crafting guide for beginners

http://ffxiv.gamerescape.com/wiki/Guide ... _Qinsakura

Crafting and exp system explained

http://www.ffxivguild.com/ffxiv-arr-cra ... exp-guide/

Very clear explanation of jobs & classes

http://ffxivrealm.com/guides/job-class- ... plained.6/
Vuxxy

Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:24 pm

Rowdrik's FATE guide is AMAZING! I came here to post my FATE guide that I put on youtube, but I must say his is way more detailed. If you would like to use a video format guide here ya go and hope it helps! Nice to meet you all :D .

[media=youtube]UgqhsLK0qgc[/media]
AisenGaming

Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:26 pm

Rowdrik wrote:For those of you interested in knowing more about crafting, this is an excellent link: http://ffxiv.gamerescape.com/wiki/Guide ... _Qinsakura
This guide is HEAVILY outdated since it was from 1.x and it's now 2.0 or up.
Living life at it's fullest.
-My Youtube-
Kasakuie

Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:38 pm

I have been hearing alot of people asking about diffferances between Warrior and Paladin. Here http://www.ffxivguild.com/a-realm-rebor ... ing-guide/ is a good guide that talks about both.