Botany: Levequest Types and Levemete Locations

Cohhilition information for our arm in Final Fantasy XIV!
Alkling

Thu Sep 12, 2013 4:17 am

As the title would suggest, this guide aims to cover the given subjects in detail and possibly offer some valuable insight to fledgling botanists and high-level ones alike. If any miners with experience would like to chip in some information, it would be greatly appreciated.

So what do I exactly mean by levequest types? Well, as one would expect after reading this for three seconds, there are seperate types of fieldcraft levequests; one of which can be farmed to possibly receive up to a 50% EXP bonus depending on the difficulty rating you have it set to. I will be referring to these throughout this guide by the acronyms listed here:
Unlimited Node - UN:
Example UN [+] Show
Pretty self-explanatory. The leve objectives simply direct you to gather a certain amount of a resource within the allotted time, so don't be afraid to bump the difficulty up slightly as the nodes will keep refreshing themselves endlessly. From my experience, bonus rewards are only based on the difficulty setting.
Limited Node - LN:
Example LN [+] Show
Very similar to its UN counterpart, except for the fact that you are only given a set amount of nodes to collect enough resources to fulfill the objectives. Recommended difficulty is at your current level. Again, only speaking from personal experience, bonus rewards are handed out based on the difficulty setting and speed of completion.

Evaluation Bonus - EB:
Example EB [+] Show
The last type I will be covering, and also the one described in the second paragraph as the most rewarding. During these leves, you will be given a table listing the required Evaluation Points to receive each specific EXP bonus (5%, 10%, and 25%), and a limited amount of nodes containing two tiers of resources. Each time you harvest one of these, a set number of Evaluation Points will be added to your score (the higher tier item obviously rewarding more points). Of course, you will always be aiming for the 25% bonus when attempting these, and I'll be describing the most efficient way that I've found to do exactly that:
Bump the difficulty setting down to one level below your current, and go only for the higher tier item, using Field Mastery II for each node and Brunt Force when available. You'll almost always get the 25% bonus using this method, even while wearing gear 10 levels below you.
Bonus rewards are based on your Evaluation Points and difficulty setting.

I'll be adding some more screenshots and listing the levemete locations once the servers come back up.