This Week in Gaming: March 14th-20th

Gaming news from various gaming sites
ctrlaltfrank

Sun Mar 20, 2016 11:30 pm

Alright folks! Time for my weekly Sunday news report!

Jim Sterling being sued for $10m
OH boy, the cream of the crop this week! The "game developer" Digital Homicide is fed up with the Jimquisition and their nasty dirty ways of... Game review? Well, after plenty of drama, including a "Gofundme" by Digital Homicide for LEGAL fees against Mr. Sterling, the situation has escalated to a full fledged battle, with DH accusing Sterling of "Assault, harassment, and slander."

Batman: A Telltale Game gets R-rated
Wait, Telltale is making an R-rated game? Wait, Batman is going to be an R-rated game!? Whoa hold the phone here, I knew there was a Telltale Batman gaming coming out, but I haven't seen anything on it until just now. They've been very tight lipped on this, and to my knowledge, haven't posted all that much information.

The Division's Director, Ryan Barnard, leaves Ubisoft.
Well, more things happening with The Division. Ryan Barnard was the Game Director for The Division, and is now the Gameplay director for IO-Interactive; part of Square Enix; to work on their Hitman game. Now, it looks like he actually left Ubi in February, but before Divisions launch, so I can't say what the heck happened there.

Firewatch Sells Half a Million Copies!
Love it or hate it, the hiking simulator game Firewatch has sold 500,000 copies now! I quite enjoyed the game, more for watching than for playing, and hope they make more stories like this. Congratulations to the dev team at Campo Santo!

Well folks, there's plenty more news out there, but these are my highlights of this week! I hope you all enjoy the read, and have a great week!