Can I get some feedback on my first build ?

Shane195

I'm building my first gaming PC and wondering if someone could look over my parts? Will everything fit in my case? Would really appreciate help, I'm clueless when it comes to computer parts.

http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/3LVa0
Ikarit

Hey Shane,
the case you selected, the Fractal Des. Arc Mini only supports graphic cards up to 260mm length with all drive cages included. The Asus gtx 770 that you also selected on your list is a tiny bit too long with ~272mm.
My suggestion is the MSI GTX770
Exactly 260mm long and it should fit in your case.
You should think about the Pro and Cons of MicroATX Builds. I think you shouldn't start with that considering that's your first build. On my opinion you should start with a normal ATX Build because you can get so much more value out of it. As far as I can tell, the rest of the parts you selected are just fine for a microatx build. Maybe you might change the CPU cooler, because the boxed one is not as good. Be sure to consider buying a bigger Powersupply because 500w isn't as good for any upgrading in the future.
If you have any further questions, post them, I'm happy to help :)
Ikarit
Ashardis

+1 to Ikarit's concerns & suggestions
TheLG

I will add that I just bought that motherboard and it's been great so far!
Dream on little dreamer.
Shane195

Hey guys, thanks for the suggestions.

If I switch to a normal ATX build, I just need to change the motherboard and the case, right? (also changing the power supply and adding a CPU cooler as per your recommendation).

I'm kind of hesitant to switch to a normal ATX build since I'm not very good at picking the parts out, the list above is just a blend of a few different builds I came across online tbh. I'll try and see if I can put together something and post my results.
Shane195

thelg59 wrote:I will add that I just bought that motherboard and it's been great so far!
Yeah, I heard good things about it!
Shane195

Hey guys I think I'm just going to go with the Micro ATX.
I changed the GPU to the MSI GTX 770

For the Power supply, maybe the Corsair CX600M ?
and the Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO for the CPU Cooler ?
H3ll0J3ll0

yeah those parts will do,but if you pay 15€ more you can get the mini r2 which has easier to remove dust filters,front mounted fanc control , two usb 3(instead of one) and two ssd mounts on the back of the motherboard-tray. I dont know if you want g-sync and stuff like that but personally i would go for a xfx r9 280x black and regarding the lengthlimit,just remove the top hdd cage, you are not using it anyway
TheLG

[QUOTE='Shane195']For the Power supply, maybe the Corsair CX600M ?
and the Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO for the CPU Cooler ?[/QUOTE]

The 212 EVO will be a fine addition, I have one in my NZXT Gamma Classic case and the Fractal Design Mini R2 is wider, so space shouldn't be a problem, and in such a confined space because of the smaller case, a better cooler won't hurt.
Your current PSU should be perfectly fine.
Dream on little dreamer.
Shane195

thelg59 wrote:The 212 EVO will be a fine addition, I have one in my NZXT Gamma Classic case and the Fractal Design Mini R2 is wider, so space shouldn't be a problem, and in such a confined space because of the smaller case, a better cooler won't hurt.
Your current PSU should be perfectly fine.
Great! , So am I all set to order the parts?
H3ll0J3ll0

i would say yes
TheLG

I agree with h3ll0j3ll0
Dream on little dreamer.