HI Folks we have settled into the longer stretch with Atlas, players are fading off to other games. To keep things interesting on the high seas:
- I've tried to make this an Atlas experience for smaller groups and even solo play. You can level to 50ish on the starter areas. But get out! Build a boat!
- We are up to a 5x5 design now.
- The Starter Isle in grid location A1 has a community center where new folks can collaborate and get off to a quicker start. Crafting stations are available there. Play nice and don't try to take those claims please.
- As you go further away from A1, you may find islands with higher level tames. now, about 15% of the islands could get you tames that level up into the 100-200 range, rarer even, approaching 250!
- All eight powerstone islands are available.
- All Grids and my discord server atlas chat are integrated so that general chat works across all the maps. Believe it or not this hasn't been a problem yet, and yes, Chuck Norris jokes are approved.
- We all have limited time for entertainment. I've sped up the game somewhat. We have higher than default gathering and tame rates.
I ask that folks keep the chat civil, expect there could be 13 year olds playing (there aren't), expect that players can be using speakers vs headphones, so there may be non-gamer moms, grandmas, and kids around and your voice chat is going into other's (any my) home, please keep chat and language civil enough ("PG-13ish" seems to work for those who ask). And yes, the later night crowd has fun getting a little rowdy. Use your judgement, many of the server's players are US Prime-time focused. And... we have a few European and Australian players too!
Overall vibe on the server is pretty chill, PVE and cooperative. There ARE folks interested in PVP hanging out, but they seem to have few targets. More ARE DESIRED.
As of about 2/17, note there are easier-quality-of-life- default settings for how the Fountain of Youth works in official, I've also mirrored those.
PVE settings are on; for full out PVP ships need to be named "Dread Ship (whatever)" or "D.S. …" or "DS … " Expect that if you have your ship named something along these lines, that you are fair game in any sea, while your vessel is manned.
I have a company, "Company D" where our more active players have congregated. We are on later prime time hours east coast and into the late night most weekends!
Oh and most recently I've installed a music+ bot (Dyno bot) on the discord server this week, so if you're hanging out w/ us there, Guest DJs are welcome!
Discord as you wish: https://discord.gg/674xXCW